SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#191382 - 12/21/05 08:11 PM Re: My first FINISHED Country Song! Please have a listen :)
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
Squeak...
Thanx for the submission. Always good to hear new efforts & ideas.
Okay....you asked for some critique.

What didn't appeal to me was what I thought was an over-use of the high flittering vocal particularly at the end of each first word of the chorus. For me, once, near the end would have been sufficient.
To me, also, it could have used a bridge of some kind. I was waiting, but it never came.
Overall...nothing wrong with your pipes, and I echo Claudiu with the idea of a steel guitar, to bring out the country feel, and your idea about a fiddle, maybe to compliment the chorus.

Just my thots... Keep up the good work.

------------------
...shboom

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 12-21-2005).]

#191383 - 12/21/05 11:17 PM Re: My first FINISHED Country Song! Please have a listen :)
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Claudiu,
you mentioned "butter on the bread" 3 times in about seven hours' posting time. That is enough cholesterol for the day in my opinion.

Squeak,
I gave it a listen in my home. The bass is still behind, it gets heard on choruses, but not much. I realise that it was your intention.
It sounds fine to my ears, with or without harmonies.

Keep up !!!!
Theodore

#191384 - 12/22/05 04:22 AM Re: My first FINISHED Country Song! Please have a listen :)
trtjazz Offline

Squeak

I have to say that I am suitably impressed with your vocal chops as well as the clean restraint you showed here. Lyrics are very good and I can understand them fine.

IMO, strings are WAY over done to death in almost every tune written. They fill up every nook and cranny of airspace in a composition and do not allow it to breath at all.

I think you could if you want to add a bit more, a bit of pedal steel here and there and or either a fiddle riff or a Strat sounding guitar riff here and there.

Otherwise I think a great tune good mix.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.musicchops.com/forums/

#191385 - 12/22/05 05:03 AM Re: My first FINISHED Country Song! Please have a listen :)
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
Hi squeak, i think this one is an improvement,you are going in the right direction,my only critism it sounds like you are singing to yourself,imagine an audience in front of you and SING to THEM,put a little bit more of YOURSELF into it.I like it.mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online