SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#191348 - 02/12/07 04:02 PM Re: dude grammys
Dnj Offline

btw can anyone tell me what were the highlights you saw on the Grammy show that were so good?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-12-2007).]

#191349 - 02/12/07 04:16 PM Re: dude grammys
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
highlights ? highlights ? ( now think of the coach on the coors light commercial) ....

#191350 - 02/12/07 04:31 PM Re: dude grammys
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I have to admit my mistake..
I wanted the title of the thread to be Dud Grammys ... Not Dude .. sort of like da bears .. da grammys, but substitute "dud" for the :"da" ...

The grammys were a dud, get it ? as in not good or exciting.

lol

#191351 - 02/12/07 04:56 PM Re: dude grammys
Dnj Offline

I agree Dan.....between the superbowl halftime show & the grammys .....?
whats next?

what happened to real music? have they put and entire generation out to pasture?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-12-2007).]

#191352 - 02/12/07 07:26 PM Re: dude grammys
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
We're all here, bitching about the good old days...!

Kind of reminds you of your parents, doesn't it?

#191353 - 02/12/07 09:24 PM Re: dude grammys
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I tried to watch a little of the Grammys, but I was about to gag so I switched to sports. The producers should be forced to watch the last 10 years of the Country Music Association awards show to see how it should be done.
Those country folks have there stuff together.
The city slickers really seem inept to me.
DonM

#191354 - 02/13/07 02:50 AM Re: dude grammys
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Well, I didn't catch this year's edition of the Grammys, so I can't speak about it, specifically, but I still don't see how Americal Idol can even compare to the actual careers and awards. I'm not generally impressed by too many of todays stars, but artists like John Mayer, the Dixie Chix, and John Legend have all put out some very noteworthy stuff.

I hated the superbowl 1/2time show, but I WILL give Prince a "thumbsup" for ONE thing ...... he brought on a marching band. YEAH ! That's what football is all about - not beer and glitz. Well, at least that's what it's about TO ME.

I love a good, sharp marching band. Always have, and I just hate how footbalgames and parades ( Mummers )are turning to electronics.

So, we all have our gripes.
Sorry DanO - I missed your sarcasm. I thought you really liked Beyonce, since you used to watch Anna Nicole too. I thought you were just a big booty fan! ( sayin' that with love and respect, my friend ! )I'm a sucker for redheads, so we all got our things, right?

Aw, shux ...... all this lip jabber about TV shows. This isn't MEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

#191355 - 02/13/07 03:38 AM Re: dude grammys
Dnj Offline

http://www.carrieunderwoodofficial.com/

Hmmmmm......Idol + 3 Grammys

#191356 - 02/13/07 02:14 PM Re: dude grammys
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I think Dave is right. The newcomers he named, plus Corine Bailey Ray and another female from England( T.J. somthing...the one who uses a louper on stage very effectively) are "bright lights" of the industry.

And, you know me, I think that while the production values of the CMA award show are excellent, I think the current crop of country entertainers, as a group, are unimanigative and pretty poor (sorry, Don...you know I'm an admirer of yours). (Folks, this is my opinion only...I don't expect anyone to agree with me).

My point is, it's reassuring to know that there are still talented folks in the business who are getting the recognition they deserve. All in all, I think that there is hope for continued talent to surface in the years to come.

As to the production values of the Sunday night show, I agree, it was pretty marginal.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 02-13-2007).]

#191357 - 02/13/07 02:51 PM Re: dude grammys
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Only distance makes us think how good the 'old days' were...

There was just as much (if not more!) utter rubbish on the radio in YOUR day as there is now. Only, now we don't have to listen to much of it, the radio (and our memories) only play the good stuff, and we forget the drivel.

For every Platters song we remember, there were a dozen AWEFUL doo-wop nightmares. For every great Led Zeppelin tune we still rock to, there was a whole chartful of Sweet, and the Bay City Rollers. For every Bill Evans, there was a Liberace...!

The only way you are ever going to find out about Jamie Cullum, K.T. Tunstall, John Meyer, Corrine Bailey Ray, and all the other great young players is to KEEP LISTENING...

If the bad turns you away, you'll never hear the good.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online