SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#191203 - 05/06/06 05:39 AM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott..Nice job...but you have to lose the harmonizer.

#191204 - 05/06/06 06:03 AM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
jzzct Offline

your sound sparkles and I loved your spin on the lyrics!
J

#191205 - 05/06/06 08:31 AM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
I think this is very well done. Your vocal is well suited to the song. If you make it your theme song, it suits you well there. You seems to be suited to this kind of tempo/style more so than the slow songs that I heard before.

I heard lots of instruments. All seems to be done with good taste and balanced. What instruments did you play manually ?
Pianos are great.

#191206 - 05/06/06 10:36 AM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
Hey Scott,
Nice personalized rendition of a big band favorite! I agree with the others who commented that this particular tune fits your style quite well.
Paul C.

#191207 - 05/06/06 11:09 AM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
Dnj Offline

hey Scott......maybe on your next tune could you possibly do somthing that features some of the great LEAD solo instrumentation of the T2 in a song,
I'd love to hear it..........meanwhile Im hoping to get some time myself to get the HD installed in the t2 and put up a few of my own T2 song demos using the Hd Recorder asap....

Keep em coming!!!

#191208 - 05/06/06 12:01 PM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Scott...
This one highlights your strengths. Great arrangement and playing....crystal clear vocal where every word is can be heard. Your phrasing was right on! As for the VH, I think you used it well. While the harmony may not be everyone's cup of tea, I thought it was scaled back enough to add interest to the song.

Good job.
Eddie

#191209 - 05/06/06 07:40 PM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Many thanks to all for listening, and thanks for all the words of support as well. - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-06-2006).]

#191210 - 05/06/06 09:54 PM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Scott,

just listened to your great song.
It sounds like you had lots of fun with this one...
I really liked this song and I agree with the others that this song is one of your best tunes so far.

Thanks for sharing

Eric

#191211 - 05/06/06 10:39 PM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
Scottyee Offline

Eric. Many Thanks for the nice words. It means a lot to me to hear that you enjoyed this song so much, particularly because I realize big band swing isn't perhaps your favorite music genre.

Ok guys (and gals), considering all the back & forth debate expressed over how anemic Yamaha drums sound; I've not heard comments from anyone on what my Tyros2 keyboard's drums sound like now. Have I been able to convince anyone (especially Ketron kb fans) that Tyros2 drums now sound impressively live, and on par with the Ketron's drums? You'll notice that I trigger spontaneous drum fills (providing rhythmic anticipation), via remote footpedal, at different points in the song as a real live drummer might, to add spice & variety, as well as provide rhythmic 'interaction' with my singing, as well as live keyboard (piano) played.

I hope I've been able to succesfully demonstrate (with this song) how live auto accompaniment style keyboard playing, along with live vocals, plus spontaneously triggered drum fills, provides the kind of "live spontaneous" interactive music making performance, that playing/singing along to a pre-sequenced midi backing track can't match.

Scott

#191212 - 05/08/06 06:40 AM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
Scottyee Offline

Ok, I'm STILL waiting to hear what people think of Yamaha Tyros2's drums compared to Ketron SD1's 'audio' drum loops. Does anyone think the Tyros2 drums now sound every bit as realistic & punchy as the Ketron SD1's drums, or do Yamaha drum loops still pale(?) in comparison? Come on folks . . . let's have some input. - Scott

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online