SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#191193 - 05/05/06 04:56 PM LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
As a followup to my last song: "Blue Bayou" , I thought I'd switch gears, and feature a big band lounge style tune this time.

This ones called: "This Could Be The Start Of Something Big", written by Steve Allen, and the theme song for his "Tonight Show" TV program (circa 1950's). I first heard this song on a Buddy Greco "greatest hits" CD, which I'd discovered at a local music store, and immediately knew I wanted to add it to my performance repertoire. It's become immensely popular with my audiences, and become my theme song of sorts. I like to end my sets with this one. As you'll hear, I took the liberty to personally update the lyrics for: "2006".

As with my previous recordings, I sang & played everything live on my Tyros2 keyboard, recording straight to the Tyros2 built-in HD recorder, and then simply converted the resulting WAV file to WMA (windows media audio) format, so what you hear is pretty much exactly what you'd hear if you came to my show.

I utilized the Tyros2's internal style: Big Band Fast1, and Tyros2's: "GRAND PIANO" voice for live playing throughout.

To listen, go to my website:
Scott Yee Entertainment
then:
Go to the: "Song Demos" Page.
Scroll down to the: "Big Band/Swing" Category.
Go to: "This Could Be The Start of Something BIG", then
Click on DSL/Cable (5.53MB) or 56K (1.05MB) version

Thanks in advance for listening to yet another live 'on the fly' Tyros2 performed tune. Hope you enjoy.

Scott

#191194 - 05/05/06 05:25 PM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Scotty....I liked the new addition to your
repertoire...nice, clear, snappy good lyrics changes, good vocals but I would have preferred less vocal harmony, I think that it was a bit much, distracting from the true you vocals if you understand IMO, great tune for you....thanks for sharing...
TR

[This message has been edited by Tony Rome (edited 05-05-2006).]

#191195 - 05/05/06 06:57 PM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tony, many thanks for listening to to my latest song, and glad you enjoyed it. I admit that I really have a lot of FUN performing it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Rome:
I would have preferred less vocal harmony

and fire my "backup singers", the Chipmunks!? No way! Interestingly enough, I purposely exaggerated(?!) the backup harmony settings to promote the 'campiness' of that tune.

Scott

#191196 - 05/05/06 07:32 PM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
Dnj Offline

Scott.......Great Stuff, Great Tune, one of my favorites!!

Keep em coming on the T2 Express!!!

Thanx

#191197 - 05/05/06 07:38 PM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Yep, that is very good, Scott! Believe it or not, as much as I love rock and country, I love big band stuff. And a guy with a great keyboard cad do it! As always, I love your enthusiasm, Scott! As many others here do, keep it up, you've got it!

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#191198 - 05/05/06 11:12 PM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Scott,
this one was really good! I think that you are more at ease with this kind of tunes, compared with the country numbers, where maybe a less polished vocal emission is required (or a southern accent... what do I know anyway? )
This one was really great and conveyed a lot of enthusiasm; even the style you choose was right on.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 05-05-2006).]

#191199 - 05/05/06 11:51 PM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
Very nice song and rendition.
Well equilibrated, the vocals with the harmonizer is fine to me.

#191200 - 05/06/06 04:26 AM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
I loved it Scott. It was great fun, I liked the modern adaptation of the words, and actually I didn't think the harmonizer was too much, it sounded great - I could see those background singers bopping away...........

[This message has been edited by PraiseTheLord (edited 05-06-2006).]

#191201 - 05/06/06 04:33 AM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Scott,

Thanks for sharing. I love Big Band stuff and really enjoyed your performance.

Cheers.
Armando

#191202 - 05/06/06 04:45 AM Re: LISTEN to my T2 Song Rendition of : "This Could Be The Start Of Something BIG "
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Nice one Scott, now this is more like the Scott Yee I know. In your face Big Band style, good playing and vocals and the harmony worked well - keep it up m8 enjoyed it, your voice is spot on for this style

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online