SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#191102 - 03/03/04 04:51 AM Tyros pricing
zipgun Offline

So other than the buyers group price, have been looking online and retail stores, $2795 seems to be the going rate for a new tyros w/o stand,spkrs, is this a good price? Just to be sure. thx

[This message has been edited by zipgun (edited 03-03-2004).]

#191103 - 03/03/04 04:58 AM Re: Tyros pricing
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You shoulda shopped Uncle Dave's !
(Right, Donny boy !?)

#191104 - 03/03/04 05:57 AM Re: Tyros pricing
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
check your email

#191105 - 03/03/04 07:04 AM Re: Tyros pricing
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
Guitar Center will sell you one (keyboard only, no speakers, stand or pedals) for $2450. At least the one in Beaverton, Oregon did to me. However, after 10 days I took it back because there was something wrong internally and then got one from a small store that needed some cash flow pretty badly; I got that one for $2395.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#191106 - 03/03/04 12:54 PM Re: Tyros pricing
zipgun Offline

Umm guys... when I first posted about getting a tyros no one mentioned the Uncle including Uncle Dave himself
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/008526.html

oh and Tom here in LV, brand new 2795, but have to order one, check my pre post, GC at least in my town sucks not to mention the other 2 Authorized dealers one of which is also part of GC

Peace

#191107 - 03/03/04 01:29 PM Re: Tyros pricing
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I have a Tyros for sale with extras--it's never been out of my home. Bought ion Nov 03.
John C.

#191108 - 03/03/04 02:14 PM Re: Tyros pricing
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Very interesting topic...
How about this?
I e-mailed an ebay seller who claims to be selling a "NEW" tyros for $1600 US...
I asked him if he could get more at this price, as I do not have the do-re-mi at the moment but am expecting it soon, and would gladly pay 1600 for a new tyros....

The scary part is...he has no previous ebay feedback.
He wanted a check/money order.

So I emailed and said I'd prefer paypal for my protection...this is his reply...

Dear Sir,
I am in England right now for a few weeks. This is where the Tyros is located.

The Tyros unit is brand new, unused. The price I ask for it is us$1600 including shipping taxes to your location. If you want me to send it insured I will ask for an extra tax of us$50.

I have 5 units available.
Here is what we can do so we can both be protected:

I am ready to close a deal with you even before the end of the auction if you prove me you are serious. Please inform me if you really want the Tyros and send me your full name and shipping address. If so I will end the auction for you and you can get the item faster.
I will start the shipping and scan the form from UPS and send it to you so you will see that the package is on the way to your location, but I will erase the last digits of the tracking number so you will not be able to take the package without paying for it.
After you receive my e-mail, you will have to send the money using Western Union to my name and location.
After I see that the money are here in England I will release the tracking number, and you will receive the Tyros in just few hours. I will not pick up the money until you get the package and tell me all is ok so a refund is possible any moment.
I am ready to ship.

Please let me know if you agree these terms.
Thanks for your time and understanding.
Regards!

hmmmm.... I just don't know about this one..
What do you guys think?

------------------
The old Newb

[This message has been edited by OldNewb (edited 03-03-2004).]

#191109 - 03/03/04 02:15 PM Re: Tyros pricing
zipgun Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:
I have a Tyros for sale with extras--it's never been out of my home. Bought ion Nov 03.
John C.

Thanks alot for your offer, I appreciate the reply, but Im looking for a brand new one.

Its not that moneys a problem, Im just cautious thats all everyones been telling me Kayes music scene is a good place to go and 2795 is what they quoted me, but after checking back here, now Uncle daves is where i should have contacted???

Sorry fellas dont get it? is this a newbie thing but anyway I'll probably go with Kayes music.

Peace

#191110 - 03/03/04 02:21 PM Re: Tyros pricing
zipgun Offline

OldNewb now thats ebay for ya, man the stories that come outta that place, makes ya wonder why anyone would ever do buisness there, unless you personally know each other I wouldnt touch ebay with a 10ft pole

#191111 - 03/03/04 03:45 PM Re: Tyros pricing
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
Hello Folks,
in Germany Tyros offers for less than 2500 EURO without speakers (instead 2900 in the beginning, the suggested price is much higher).
And now with hard disk and software package.

Regards
RF

#191112 - 03/03/04 04:01 PM Re: Tyros pricing
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
not being any kind of world traveler, What would 2500 Euro be in US dollars?

------------------
The old Newb

#191113 - 03/03/04 04:17 PM Re: Tyros pricing
The Accordionist Offline

Samedaymusic.com will sell you one for $2450, no tax, and free 2nd day FedEx delivery.

I've used them before and they are excellent.

On large purchases I would recommend buying from one of the dealers that frequent the site. For a couple hundred extra you'll have peace of mind and loads of support.

The kicker is the Sales Tax. Here in California if I buy a Tyros from George Kaye I have to pay an aditional $194 in sales tax alone. Sometimes that is a bit hard to swallow.

Good Luck.

Tommy

Oh yeah, MusiciansBuy.com will sell you the Tyros, the Tyros Stand, and the Tyros speakers for $2800 total. Never dealt with them before, though.

[This message has been edited by The Accordionist (edited 03-03-2004).]

#191114 - 03/03/04 10:02 PM Re: Tyros pricing
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
For a limited time, I'm offering the Tyros with the hard drive from Yamaha ($395.00 is their retail price) and a Yamaha padded case with wheels ($199.00 retail price) for the $2795.00 map price. Yamaha allows us to advertise the Tyros only at map price. So,the hard drive and case are free! (no map prices on these).
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)

#191115 - 03/04/04 03:43 AM Re: Tyros pricing
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hold up there fella's !
Uncle Dave's is a great place to shop before you buy, but I am NOT a retail outlet. I get things very often at ridiculous prices because of inside info, but I have no stock, no warehouse and no storefront. It's good to ask before you buy somewhere else, but my thing is a part-time endeavor. Two full time guys that will hook you up ANYtime are:
George Kaye
and
Dan O'Neil
Both are friends, and both give exceptional service. Let's keep the small businesses in the pink! They have a lot to offer the buyer, and prices are usually competitive for what you actually RECIEVE. Knowledge, support, etc ...... all these things come into the price. Buy wisely !

#191116 - 03/04/04 08:33 AM Re: Tyros pricing
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Just got my bulk email from music123. I saw a Tyros C stock. Check the link. http://www.music123.com/outlet/?d=5&source=030304&mail=135

#191117 - 03/05/04 03:25 AM Re: Tyros pricing
zipgun Offline

Thanks for all the replies and info guys I really appreciate it

Peace

#191118 - 03/05/04 08:10 AM Re: Tyros pricing
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
As to that "C" stock Tyros at Music123 here is the info about what "C" stock means:

New C Stock

"Shows signs of heavy use with scratches, dents, and finish wear. May have been damaged and repaired; some factory accessories may not be included. Think of it as a "used" item that is still protected by a FULL MANUFACTURER WARRANTY. This item is GUARANTEED TO PLAY, and includes Music123's 45 day 100% satisfaction guarantee. Our loss is your opportunity to SAVE MONEY!

Quantities are extremely limited. First come, first served."

If you don't mind a few scratches or possible 'dents' or other abnormalities then this "C" stock Tyros is a great buy. You save between $400-$700 plus there is the unconditional 45 day complete satisfaction guarantee. If you feel it has too many 'dents' or sratches, etc. just return it for a full refund. You may get fortunate in that there might not be any major surface scratches or any dents at all.

Best regards,
Mike

#191119 - 03/05/04 10:03 AM Re: Tyros pricing
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
I am waiting for PSR3K to show up. Maybe then the prices will go down. The problem is the keyboards are becoming very expensive. I am very happy for what Casio is doing. I wish they can do something about the quality of their voices.

#191120 - 03/05/04 10:43 AM Re: Tyros pricing
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by sk880user:
I am waiting for PSR3K to show up. Maybe then the prices will go down. The problem is the keyboards are becoming very expensive. I am very happy for what Casio is doing. I wish they can do something about the quality of their voices.

.. and when Casio improves the quality of their voices, do you still expect them to be inexpensive?!?!? ....
QUALITY = $$$$$

t.

#191121 - 03/05/04 11:01 AM Re: Tyros pricing
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Add up the individual components that go into a Tyros and see what it would cost to buy them individually.
I have paid almost as much for a vocal harmony unit as a PSR2000 costs.
Consider in a Tyros you get mic processor, multi-effects processors, 2 compressor-limiters (one for vocals, one overall), sequencer, mixing console, style, voice and sound editing facilities, etc. Some of the newer keyboards now have CD recorders, direct-to-hd digital recorders (GEM)--the features go on and on.
Think of all the research and development that goes into putting these packages together.
Sure I'd like them to be less expensive, but the miracle is that they are as affordable as they are now!
DonM

#191122 - 03/05/04 02:02 PM Re: Tyros pricing
sk880user Offline

Tony,

the answer is absolutely Yes. I do expect them be competitive without the shadow of the doubt. The reason for this is because of the philosophy of Casio: cheap mass production.

There is nothing wrong with casio's components. The only problem is with the sampling. If they only could something like this, this will trigger price reduction wave over all manufacturing.

#191123 - 03/05/04 02:12 PM Re: Tyros pricing
sk880user Offline

DonM,

I see your point but I do not believe this is convincing for two simple reasons:

1) Any time you take a machine and break it down to its components, its price is going to quadruple; from cars to keyboards.

2) If you look at what you get with Tyros compared to say GEM Genesys; feature by feature, you do not get too much. The sequencers on the yamaha are inadequate, no speakers, low quality keys. What makes Tyros good is the quality of sounds and styles.

If Yamaha can take JUST the sounds and styles and put them in a small box for $500, I will buy this anytime over the Tyros board. I do not need the DSP, I do not need the sequencer, and I do not need anything else. Just the sounds and styles. And that is the only good thing that Yamaha has to offer. But this will absolutely not work for yamaha. If they did this, they rob themselves from the real reason customers buy their keyboards: SOUNDS and STYLES.

Now please do not misunderstand me. I am not saying not to buy this keyboard. I think despite the fact it is over-priced, for a musician, one will pay anything to get the sounds and styles he wants. Even for myself, I was at one point shopping for Tyros. Hopefully, with the introduction of PSR3K, prices will be more reasonable. I guess we have to wait to see.

#191124 - 03/08/04 11:08 PM Re: Tyros pricing
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
Oh, how that last post resonates with me. Give me the sounds and styles baby. I don't want a vocal processor, another sequencer, any of it! I don't really even need the keyboard. Got plenty of those. I need a rack module arranger with Tyros sounds and styles. That's absolutely all I need! Although it might be more difficult to operate intros endings and fills from a rack device.

#191125 - 03/09/04 07:04 AM Re: Tyros pricing
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
"2) If you look at what you get with Tyros compared to say GEM Genesys; feature by feature, you do not get too much. The sequencers on the yamaha are inadequate, no speakers, low quality keys. What makes Tyros good is the quality of sounds and styles. "

I would still love to compare them. Somebody SHOW me a GEM Genesys and I'll be happy too to do so.
DonM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online