SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#191079 - 07/13/06 12:44 AM Re: Tyros 2 (detailed voice editing)???
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Squeak
A bit off topic but have you tried this keyboard Guitar software. (VST)
http://www.musiclab.com/products/realgtr_info.htm

Bill

#191080 - 07/13/06 05:59 AM Re: Tyros 2 (detailed voice editing)???
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Just giving my opinion on the matter folks. If the guitar sounds work for you that's great. I however, am not one of those jerky guitar players who feel threatened by arranger (or any keyboard) for that matter.

I'm a pianist/keyboardist first and a guitarist/drummer (second and third). I just wanted to give you an opinion from someone who is also a guitarist, and knows the instrument.

I don't expect the T2 to read your playing so perfectly. I just thought that if it was an already existing feature on the T2, and if not maybe it would be a good idea for Yamaha--in the future--to allow the user to adjust velocity curves to have better control over nuances within signature voices.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-13-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#191081 - 07/13/06 06:01 AM Re: Tyros 2 (detailed voice editing)???
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
After player professional guitar for 40 years I feel the guitars on the Tyros 2 are great. The trumpets have improved a great deal – I am not trilled with the way the sax sounds.

Wow, how could all these opinions on this forum be right or possibly wrong? There are neither right or wrong, they are just opinions based on what the individual normally listened to. So we edit until we have what we want, which may or may not be what others like.

As far as fret noise --- Using the same guitar and the same amp. two different players will not get the same fret noise – the better player normally gets less. So where are we fret noise, although it adds realism to the guitar sound my question has to be, “Who’s realism?”

I worked with the same sax player for many years, when he listened to the Tenor sax on my KN7000 he did not like it, but he loved the guitar sounds. My opinion was that I did not like the guitar sounds but I thought the Tenor sax sounds were great.

Now Yamaha has to do their best to satisfy all these people --- I feel that they doing one great job.

These are only my opinions, John C.

PS, More jobs are killed by the a poor Sound system or the improper use of one than the keyboard.

#191082 - 07/13/06 03:29 PM Re: Tyros 2 (detailed voice editing)???
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
i dont think that it is insulting to any audience to think that they had come to enjoy your music rather than analyse how he music was put togteher and be able to descriminate between every nuance of a particular sound. I assume that when they come to enjoy your music , if you have done your job well they will simply emjoy your music.Afterall they are paying you for that and not the technical difficulties that a keyboard has in emulating another instrument. I guess you must play to a real tough audience that really make you earn your money (smile) just keep making great music , the technology will keep on getting better. Just go back to how that guitar was before SA came on the seen. I am certain that not many people noticed that the keyboard guitar coiuldnt slide notes or play legato like it can now.

#191083 - 07/14/06 12:06 AM Re: Tyros 2 (detailed voice editing)???
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding1:
[B Just go back to how that guitar was before SA came on the seen. I am certain that not many people noticed that the keyboard guitar coiuldnt slide notes or play legato like it can now.[/B]

Actually the ability to slide a guitar note, and play it legato on a keyboard came out in the late eighties/early nineties, although it was normally only on sample based keyboards/expanders. (Not forgetting the Akai samples that were introduced, and which became pretty much the industry standard)
It’s also been available in Giga samples and VST instruments in the last few years.

Bill

#191084 - 07/14/06 06:23 PM Re: Tyros 2 (detailed voice editing)???
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Getting back to playing a guitar patch on a keyboard..You definitly can play with the right technique and voicing to sound like a realistic guitar[especially acoustic].. I have a friend that played mid 80 instruments that could fool many people and musicians..He could do the same playing drums on keys or a drum machine[pads]..

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online