SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#190937 - 03/28/05 11:25 AM Re: Frustration with Yamaha Music Finder compatibility when loaded on ANOTHER Tyros KB !
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
In my case, I copied my MFD to Music Finder View, then did a bit of editing, then copied it back into the 3000, and the user styles were not recognized. However, when I created the new MFD on the 3000 alone, and did not use Music Finder View for editing user styles, everything seems to work fine. I'll be bringing my other 3000 into the office on Wednesday evening, and I'll try to load the same MFD into it and see if I get the same results. Keep your fingers crossed!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#190938 - 03/28/05 12:25 PM Re: Frustration with Yamaha Music Finder compatibility when loaded on ANOTHER Tyros KB !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Gar, I'm really anxious to find out your results after loading your MFD file (originally created on your primary PSR3000, and of which include multiple MFD song records which utilize the same custom USER Memory style) into your other PSR3000.

It'll be especially interesting to find out whether 'all' MFD song records which utilize the same USER style, will subsequently, automatically link to the shared USER style, once any 'ONE' of those MFD song record's USER style link is re-saved in the MFD program, and on the 2nd Tyros. I'm looking forward to your finding.

Scott

#190939 - 03/28/05 06:35 PM Re: Frustration with Yamaha Music Finder compatibility when loaded on ANOTHER Tyros KB !
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
Scott:

My understanding is that the only way to add music finder records that reference user styles to a 2nd instrument is to load user styles that have music finder entries that were created on a PSR/ Tyros, not MusicFinderView.

The reason is the following: When you create a entry to the PSR music finder database on the PSR (not the PC), it stores the data in the referenced style, including user styles. If you save a user style, the mfd entries are included, and when that style is loaded into another instrument, the entries are automatically included (as part of the style load procedure) in the installed music finder file.

As a practical matter, it means taking all your music finder entries that reference user styles and reentering them on instrument and then saving each of the user styles for loading into the target instrument.

As said earlier, this is my understanding. You should certainly test the procedure before expending a lot of effort.

A simpler soultion would be add the entries to the user styles using the PC (easier typing) or have a program such as MusicFinderView be able to do it(assuming that the entries were alreay there). Unfortunately, these solutions do not exist today. I will look at addressing this.

Regards,

Michael

#190940 - 03/30/05 03:11 PM Re: Frustration with Yamaha Music Finder compatibility when loaded on ANOTHER Tyros KB !
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Scott & Michael,

I just loaded my MFD from my backup PSR-3000, one that was totally created and saved on the keyboard and the user files did not transfer. I had to go back and edit each entry that had a user file and re-enter the user style for it to work.

Wish I had better news, but that's the way the damned thing works.

Oh well, just another fun day in Paradise!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online