SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#190902 - 06/14/06 06:37 PM Re: Keyboard players/Music store descrimination :(
trtjazz Offline

The stores 3 big ones here all carry full line everything including pro and amateur keyboards.

Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.artisans-world.com/

#190903 - 06/15/06 02:35 AM Re: Keyboard players/Music store descrimination :(
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
I believe all big retailers should carry(GC,sam ash)high end pro arrangers regardless of their sales,because people do buy arrangers in US and it's a growing market.

[This message has been edited by jamman (edited 06-15-2006).]

#190904 - 06/15/06 03:23 AM Re: Keyboard players/Music store descrimination :(
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
[B]Two words.. Alto Music ( in Middletown, NY ).
The ONLY store I go to any more when I want to demo / buy a board or equipment. The KB manager is super friendly ( but not to the point where he bugs you ), knowledgable, and has a vast array of boards ( even a G70 and PA1X ) right there on display.

None of the other stores within a hundred miles ( been to just about all of 'em ) compare at all, including the big chains.

Never much haggling required either. Their prices are consistently better than anyone else around, including all the net stores I've checked out.

AJ

AJ, you are Sooooo right. Folks, check out www.altomusic.com for a look at the Keyboard selection at this local/regional store. Chris in keyboards is the man. they have saved my butt quite a few times.

On another note, AJ, what are you doing musically? I'll send you an email, I have a project I'm working on that you might be interested in.

Regards
Al

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#190905 - 06/15/06 05:15 AM Re: Keyboard players/Music store descrimination :(
Dnj Offline

One or two store do not solve the problem

#190906 - 06/15/06 06:14 AM Re: Keyboard players/Music store descrimination :(
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
Well, I know that locally (Salem, OR) that the music store where I bought my keyboards (Korg M1, Korg X3, Korg Trinity V3) has quit carrying keyboards because they got tired of having the demo models in the "listening" room and having lots of people come by and check them out and then buying off the internet and then coming in and wanting support from the music store. They have completely done away with all keyboards except pianos. They still sell a lot of real pianos and Yamaha Diskclaviers.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#190907 - 06/15/06 07:01 AM Re: Keyboard players/Music store descrimination :(
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
In my country almost every city has its own music store. Each one has a 'keys-corner' with 10-20 different keyboards(types) waiting for customers.

My dealer sold ~ 165 (!!!) T2's. (#1 in Europe)

[This message has been edited by kla4 (edited 06-15-2006).]

#190908 - 06/15/06 07:14 AM Re: Keyboard players/Music store descrimination :(
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
WOW! You won't find that in the US. More and more music stores are phasing us out. We're being pushed to online or (in store "order only" purchases).

It's hard to find experienced keyboard salesman-woman anymore.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#190909 - 06/15/06 07:52 AM Re: Keyboard players/Music store descrimination :(
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
Keyboard players, good ones anyway with good equipment, are not all that common which makes us in demand. I'd much rather be specialized and unique than common like the sea of wannabe guitar players I am surrounded by. Music stores reflect their market... if they all carried top arranger keyboards then I'd be worried that the region was saturated with both keyboard and/or arranger players thus driving down my demand and wages. Maybe that's just my view because I play for a living.

#190910 - 06/15/06 08:01 AM Re: Keyboard players/Music store descrimination :(
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
I live in Mississauga, Ontario (a suburb of Toronto). There is an exclusive Yamaha music dealer in Missisauga (Walter's Music). He carries accoustic pianos, Clavinova's, Has some DGX keyboards (they are on sale there, by the way). He carries the PSR3000, but no Tyros 2 or PSR1500. He is a little pricey though. Also sells Yamaha guitars.
In Toronto, Long & McQuade, has a store with two sides. One for guitars and drums and another side for keybords. They have a section (in the keyboard side) for arrangers, that is enclosed, so you can crank up the tunes. They have Tyros 2, PSR1500, PSR3000, Korg, Roland, Some Yamaha DGX, no Casios. An excellent selection of arrangers. They also have digital pianos, workstations, synths and they have another enclosed section for softsynths. The reps there can play keyboards, but are not on commision, so there is no pressure. Next time I visit, I will demo Hypersonic 2, hopefully the'll have a Roland E50 or E60 to demo as well. Not expecting much. Sorry Roland lovers.
Steve's Music in Toronto also have a split store with keyboards on one side with an excellent selection of arrangers, electric pianos, synths, workstations, they carry Casio as well.
Selection here is very good.
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 06-15-2006).]

#190911 - 06/15/06 10:30 PM Re: Keyboard players/Music store descrimination :(
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Ditto here in Edmonton, Alberta. Long & McQuade have much the same setup, minus the dedicated arranger room.

Giovanni Music in West Edmonton Mall has a full array of Yamaha products. Mother's Music has a decent selection of synths, and Gordon Price Music has a small selection of Roland keyboards. At Axe Music, I've seen a variety of Korg, Roland and General Music keyboards.

So I guess you can say we're well served in the Edmonton area.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online