SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#190705 - 02/24/05 10:50 AM Re: Incredible styles...
BlkNotes Offline

I am curious about the comments made by several Roland KB players who own VA series (va-5,7 % Va-76) & G1000 instruments that they are not impressed by the G-70's new styles or voices because they they sound so similar the previous generation keyborads. Can anyone shed light on this??

Regards;
SCP

#190706 - 02/25/05 09:51 AM Re: Incredible styles...
firehead Offline

Loc: thornwood, n.y. , usa
Can anyone help? I downloaded the styles onto a disk and placed in my Tyros. However, I could not get anything to play. Can anyone tell me how to hear these styles. I pressed the FD on the screen but nothing appeared. I tried the user style button and every other button but even though these styles are on a disk, they did not appear on my screen. Is there a certain way to download onto a disk?

#190707 - 02/25/05 10:51 AM Re: Incredible styles...
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by firehead:
Can anyone help? I downloaded the styles onto a disk and placed in my Tyros. However, I could not get anything to play. Can anyone tell me how to hear these styles. I pressed the FD on the screen but nothing appeared. I tried the user style button and every other button but even though these styles are on a disk, they did not appear on my screen. Is there a certain way to download onto a disk?

Did you UNZIP the files before you store it? Regards Hanspeter

#190708 - 02/25/05 11:21 AM Re: Incredible styles...
ironhill Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BlkNotes:

I am curious about the comments made by several Roland KB players who own VA series (va-5,7 % Va-76) & G1000 instruments that they are not impressed by the G-70's new styles or voices because they they sound so similar the previous generation keyborads. Can anyone shed light on this??

Regards;
SCP

Hi,
Roland publicity department promised 285 brand new styles. That's not really true. Approximately 100 of them are old ones with only very small modification. Within the BOSSA/SAMBA family 11 of 15 are from VA instruments !! I think that's the reason.
Regards Hanspeter

#190709 - 02/25/05 12:19 PM Re: Incredible styles...
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
I've been checking out the "new" G70 styles on my 2 year old Roland KR7 intelligent piano. Some are the same as the styles already included in the internal styles of the KR7. Some are new and quite good sounding. Most are just average. Few made me sit up and take notice. (Could it be that the G70's memory size and voices would make for more smooth and professional-sounding style playback than when played on another Roland keyboard?)
In my opinion, it seems like Roland just doesn't have what it takes to create great, inspiring styles that make you want to just sit and play and get lost in the music the way Yamaha's styles do.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#190710 - 02/25/05 03:03 PM Re: Incredible styles...
ironhill Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:

In my opinion, it seems like Roland just doesn't have what it takes to create great, inspiring styles that make you want to just sit and play and get lost in the music the way Yamaha's styles do.

Tim

Hi,
Yamaha is cooking with water too. But the differnce is, Roland doesn't have that strong notice in style and song software like their competitor. That's the result of neglect that business segment. If user hear and play 4 years the same accompaniment, it's boring. Roland has born a "new" club. Do you know what styles they offer? G-800 styles?! At service line, people can't
download new G-70 version (6 weeks old). What do you think about that?
Regards Hanspeter

#190711 - 02/25/05 04:05 PM Re: Incredible styles...
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Gary: I finally got the G70 Styles transferred from my internet computer to a floppy disk and took them out to my studio to try on my PSR-2000. I agree with you 100%. They are great. I plan to begin using a couple of them immediately. Thanks again for reminding us about them.

Rice

#190712 - 02/25/05 07:51 PM Re: Incredible styles...
BlkNotes Offline

Thanks for the explaination Hanspeter. The G-70 is destined to reach my location in approximately in one month. I hope to try it out.

Regards;
BN

#190713 - 02/25/05 09:00 PM Re: Incredible styles...
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Actually, Chris Anthony is an independent style creator. He did at one time only work for Generalmusic, but today he works on many projects. In fact, he was on the Roland G70 project and programmed some of the styles in the keyboard. He has also done work for Korg and Yamaha and possibly even others.
George Kaye
kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online