SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#190519 - 12/06/05 10:23 PM Re: HI...What's wrong with CASIO ?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Casio make great keyboards for the price. They always have. The MZ-2000, WK series and some of the CTK series really offer impressive sounds and compete well with many Yamaha PSR models. I still have a CZ-101 and CZ-1000 and I played in a synth pop band in the 80s with a keyboard player that had a CasioTone mini keyboard taped to the top of his Fender Rhodes.

I have never worried about brand names on gear I use. It doesn't matter at all to me who makes it, just how it sounds. Surely people here are not so petty as to think brand names really matter ????? I don't suffer from those sort of feelings of personal inadequacy.

Casio rules !!!!! If other keyboard companies were as competitive we'd all be better off. Now Fender are selling guitars in Sam's Club so that is not a bad thing especially if the price is better than a dedicated music store.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-06-2005).]

#190520 - 12/08/05 11:39 AM Re: HI...What's wrong with CASIO ?
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi All,
I don't have a Casio but I've been looking at the wk-3500 a lot.

I agree that many early models had weak and tinny sound but Casio has done a lot to improve that image.

The biggest thing I hear about the WK series compaired to the more expensive brands is the ware factor. Those that do a lot of gigs say they just don't hold up under that kind of use. I don't gig so that would not bother me.

I still have a PSR-500 and it's held up just fine and it was "cheap" too.

What holds me back from buying one is the operating system. I don't like entering numbers for styles and voices and only more expensive models don't require that.

So for now I'll stick with my Technics piano.

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online