Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#190408 - 10/18/05 12:15 PM Re: Bose PA questions
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
Mike...
I'm not going to get in a spittin' match with you. The guys at Bose would love to hear from you.

On their site they say: "Call Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673 and we’ll do everything possible to help you."

I have...and they did.

Eddie

#190409 - 10/18/05 02:52 PM Re: Bose PA questions
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Here's a question I'm too lazy to look up, how many speakers does the PAs have? I think I read the sub uses 2 6" speakers I was wondering about the two poles? the L1 & L2
Anyone know off hand?

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 10-18-2005).]

#190410 - 10/18/05 02:59 PM Re: Bose PA questions
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA

#190411 - 10/18/05 03:23 PM Re: Bose PA questions
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mike,

There are three 250-watt RMS amps in the base unit, one for each of the PAS segments. One for each section of the tower, and one for the sub. The peak power rating is 1,400-watts based on industry standards.

As for the power and sound quality, I defer to my audiences--they're the ones I must please. Everyone, regardless of audience size, has raved about the system and how wonderful everything sounds. Now the folks in the back of a large hall can hear the same volume and quality as the folks sitting 15 feet in front of the stage. It's a whole new dimension of sound systems available today, and if the Bose cost $3000 I would have still bought it withing blinking an eye. I more than a half century of working with sound systems, there is absolutely nothing that even comes close. And, now that I think of it, I spent nearly as much money on a pair or Barbetta Sona 32-Cs when you include the heavy-duty speaker stands and custom made cables. The difference between the systems was just about $350--big deal. I've spent $350 on high quality mics, and that was years ago. Damned I'm gettin' old!

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#190412 - 10/18/05 08:05 PM Re: Bose PA questions
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Mike,
Now the folks in the back of a large hall can hear the same volume and quality as the folks sitting 15 feet in front of the stage. It's a whole new dimension of sound systems available today, and if the Bose cost $3000 I would have still bought it withing blinking an eye.

Gary...I agree its definitly worth more then what I paid for it......Like you said you only have to please YOUR Audiences & make a living

#190413 - 10/19/05 04:33 AM Re: Bose PA questions
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Damned I'm gettin' old!

That creeps up on ya doesn't it, one day you're 30 next day.....what happened?

#190414 - 10/19/05 06:42 AM Re: Bose PA questions
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yep, I looked in the mirror last week and there was an old man with white hair looking back at me. Then Miss Clairol and I had a serious conversation. Now there's an old guy with medium brown hair looking back at me. My wife says my mind keeps makin' appointments my body can't keep! Hey, at least darker hair shaves off a few years in appearance. In this part of the world, old guys with white hair don't get as many music jobs as those with dark hair--it's just a fact of life that we all have to deal with. Besides, it's kinda' fun gettin' oogled by relatively young ladies when you're playing in a dimly lit room.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#190415 - 10/19/05 07:11 AM Re: Bose PA questions
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Gary, I played those rooms...When the lights go on at the end of the night...they weren't young ladies either!!!

#190416 - 10/20/05 09:21 AM Re: Bose PA questions
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Hello Folks,
I may be a stranger to all of you. I’m one of those gray haired guys that Ms Clairol can’t help. I read this forum frequently and I was more active years ago when the hot topics were the Korg i40M (which I still use) and the Roland RA-800. I've been using a Bose
L1 with a B1 bass bin for about 2 years now. I was very skeptical
about the claims Bose made about this system. As it turns out, it
was one of the best equipment investments I've ever made. I had
several keyboard amps - including the JBL EON among many others that have been mentioned in this forum, and a Mackie 808S with Toa and then Bose 800 speakers that I used for bigger venues. I
didn't like any of them (the keyboard amps), especially in the
restaurants (although I still own a Barbetta amp as back-up). The patrons seated in front of me were obviously
annoyed if I turned the volume up enough to reach past the far half
of the room. The science of the Bose system is that there is very
little drop off, so that what I hear from the speaker at 3 feet is
pretty much what a listener hears at about 75 feet. I've yet to
turn the volume up past 2 o'clock (12:00 being half way). That's
outdoors and/or big halls. Last Christmas I played the Lulu Temple
outside of Philadelphia that claims to seat about 1,000 - It
probably only seats about 700 or so - and I was happy with the
output. Same with outside gigs - clear, no distortion and in two
years, I've never experienced any feedback. In the restaurants that
I play, I put the tower against the wall, and it seems like it kind
of disappears. I dealt directly with Bose as none of the retail outlets carried this system at that time. I was fortunate in that because I expressed so much skepticism and doubt about the system, Bose gave me a 90 day trial, and to be honest it took me the full time period to decide. I looked for reasons not to get it but I'm now happy that I didn't find any. I would suggest you tune into the Bose website forum and talk to folks about the concerns you have (other than the cost).
You can also discuss your specific needs and concerns with Bose tech
reps - they're pretty good about that. I'm tickled pink with this system after going through more than a dozen amps and PA systems in recent years. Further, I would bet that if you put some money up front, one of the retail
outlets would let you try it for at least 30, 45 days or more - money back if it doesn't suit you.
Ciao,
Jerry

#190417 - 10/20/05 09:26 AM Re: Bose PA questions
Dnj Offline

Jerry great review.....
I TOTALLY AGREE with you

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online