SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#189923 - 10/08/04 11:45 AM Re: Found 2 identical bicyles.
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
It is POSSIBLE, starkeeper. Nothing is impossible with God. Get right with God and lay your hands on the keyboard and if you have mountain-moving faith that Jesus talked about, God WILL convert that PSR550 into PSR3000 just like Jesus fed the 5000 people with a few pieces of bread and fish 2000 years ago. Just make sure you ask DonM to take pictures before and after !

Humor aside, those miracles I saw were real. God is still performing miracles today. Or for the skeptics, there ARE miracles still happening today. Could it be that someone invented time machine in the future ? You can go on and on if you are skeptics.

#189924 - 10/08/04 12:06 PM Re: Found 2 identical bicyles.
jeremy_norbury Offline

Loc: Amsterdam,,The Netherlands
Starkeeper

I completely believe your story. I never, for one second, doubted that what you were telling me was anything but the truth. But a miracle? I thought that miracles always have significant spiritual relevance. Surely miracles serve to confirm to believers that there is a higher being that watches over us and somehow cares and ensures that our lives have purpose.

I just don't see how cloning a used bike, and dumping it where you would stumble across it, fits into this category.

Lukitoh - I really like your story about the Pes Planus treatment you witnessed. I believe something happened and I also can't explain it. I'm a bit concerned that "dis-believers", like myself, are tarred skeptical because we don't believe the miracle-theory. I'm not skeptical about it - because that implies there is some doubt in my mind.

Call me old fashioned but if there were a higher power, I'm pretty certain he (or she) could think of something a tad more convincing in the way of miracles.

Like a Yamaha with a decent key action.

Great topic. Very happy.

Jerry
Amsterdam

[This message has been edited by jeremy_norbury (edited 10-08-2004).]

[This message has been edited by jeremy_norbury (edited 10-08-2004).]

#189925 - 10/08/04 12:51 PM Re: Found 2 identical bicyles.
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
There is so-called "Miracle of Luxury" such as the water converted to wine (first miracle of Jesus). I think God can and will sometimes do miracles of luxury to those he loved and chooses to. Often the Christians think that only when we are in dire need, we received miracles. But many cases shown otherwise. The Bible has told many miracles happening to God's people and those who put their faith in God. There is no reason why it should stop now. The God of the Bible is a God of miracles.

At this modern times, it is difficult to find faith. So many distractions that carries people to the opposite side. Our knowledge and intellect has made myself and countless others skeptics. Only by the grace of God that some of us were able to see the nature of the true God. Nothing else that make us deserving any of those experiences. Only by grace.

So, a PSR550 converted to PSR3000 will be considered miracle of luxury.

#189926 - 10/08/04 01:46 PM Re: Found 2 identical bicyles.
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy_norbury:

Call me old fashioned but if there were a higher power, I'm pretty certain he (or she) could think of something a tad more convincing in the way of miracles.

Like a Yamaha with a decent key action.

Great topic. Very happy.

Jerry
Amsterdam

[/B]

Jerry,
I can't give you a biblical quote, there probably isn't one, but for whatever reason, God always does miracles with room for unbelievers.
The miracle at Fatima for example, only 3 children saw the miracle. Thousands (with faith) believed what the children saw, but an unbeliver (without faith) could say, "Hey, these kids are just making stuff up".
Dr. Wayne Dyer wrote a book titled "You'll see it When you Believe it". People usually say the opposite, "I'll believe it when I see it". Jesus said, "You have eyes to see, but cannot see, ears to hear, but cannot hear." I would suspect it's because they had no faith. If you believe, miracles are everywhere, if you don't, there aren't any.
Starkeeper
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 10-08-2004).]

#189927 - 10/08/04 02:06 PM Re: Found 2 identical bicyles.
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
is it an act or faith or coincidence,maybe it would be nice to talk about strange experiences,i experienced 4 coincidences at one time,this is absolutey true,about 4 months before my 30th wedding anniversary,i thought i would surprise my wife by celebrating our anniversary where we had our honeymoon,so i phoned up the holiday camp to try to get a booking,i was told sorry fully booked so i left them with instructions to call me back if they had a cancellation,they never called me back, 1st coincidence about one week before our anniv,,,i noticed in the paper bookings available for this same camp with the correct dates,so i immediately booked,we got there later than expected ,we got our keys and we had to find our rooms 2nd coincidence we had the same room we had 30 years before(about 120 rooms in total)i went downstars to thank the manager for putting us in the same rooms 30 years later,he said he didn,t know, i said you have records,he said there was a bad fire 28 years before and all the accomodation was gutted(i remember reading in the press all those years before)we was given a bottle of champagne and i bought a bottle of champagne,here are the other coincidences i was told to keep the cork for luck by putting a coin in it,1 cork had my initials on it (inside the bottle)and the other had my postcode on it,now life is strange but when things like this happen it certainly makes you wonder,(i still have at least 1 of the corks)now isn,t life strange,mike

#189928 - 10/08/04 02:20 PM Re: Found 2 identical bicyles.
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
"is it an act of faith or coincidence".
If you have faith, the coincidence is a miracle. If you don't have faith, it's just an extremely unlikely coincidence. At what point will an unbeliver say," Hey this is not physically possible, there must be some other explanation"
Starkeeper

#189929 - 10/08/04 02:44 PM Re: Found 2 identical bicyles.
jeremy_norbury Offline

Loc: Amsterdam,,The Netherlands
Oh dear.

I fear I have been wasting my very best humor...for behold, they did go forth and preach to the incommutable.

Jerry
Amsterdam

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online