SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#189705 - 10/03/05 08:31 AM TYROS 2 - early november -
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I did check on the arrival dates for Tyros 2 at Yamaha's California headquarters.

Looks like early November vs. Late October....

------------------
Ketron, Yamaha, Casio,Roland arranger keyboards.
http://www.keyboardcity.net

1-866-348-8876

#189706 - 10/03/05 02:05 PM Re: TYROS 2 - early november -
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Well, Dan, Will you just tell Yamaha I am in california and not to send my Tyros all the way to Baltimore and then all the way back to California.
thanks Dan
BEbop

#189707 - 10/03/05 02:41 PM Re: TYROS 2 - early november -
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I second Bebop's request.

Danny, any chance you can get Yamaha USA, located in Buena Park, California, to simply 'drop ship' Tyros2, to your customers living on the West Coast? It would save both shipping costs & delivery time, resulting in a win-win situation for everybody involved. - Scott

#189708 - 10/03/05 03:06 PM Re: TYROS 2 - early november -
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Wasn't important, so I deleted it.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 10-03-2005).]

#189709 - 10/04/05 02:31 PM Re: TYROS 2 - early november -
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Yamaha will not drop ship keyboards.
I guess I'll get mine before Dan gets his because I'm only 2 hours away from Yamaha!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, Ca.
(Retired 2021)

#189710 - 10/04/05 04:13 PM Re: TYROS 2 - early november -
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Wasn't important, so I DELETED it.
DonM

Don, I've always considered just about everything you share here, IMPORTANT, so because I didn't get to see it b4 you deleted it, it's somehow peaked my interest.

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
I'm only 2 hours away from Yamaha!

Hi George. I can certainly appreciate your 2 hour close proximity to Yamaha headquarters.

Interestingly enough though, ther've actually been times that it's taken longer for a package to reach me, coming from across town, than clear across the Country. So much for the the US mail system.

- Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-04-2005).]

#189711 - 10/04/05 06:56 PM Re: TYROS 2 - early november -
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
DanO

Add me to the list of California buyers who would prefer to have my new Tyros2 shipped directly to me. It seems ridiculous to ship the keyboard from California to the East Coast, then immediately back to California again. Is there any way you can check with your Yamaha supplier to see if they will make some exceptions? I would think they might consider doing this in the interest of customer appreciation and satisfaction. After all, we are their first USA purchases, buying their product before it has even been released. Let us know what Yamaha says.

Tom G.

#189712 - 10/04/05 11:05 PM Re: TYROS 2 - early november -
DonM Offline

"Don, I've always considered just about everything you share here, IMPORTANT, so because I didn't get to see it b4 you deleted it, it's somehow peaked my interest. "

O.K., that's fair. All I said was that I love both DanO and George, but if I were in California I believe I'd buy from George, and if I were in Maryland I'd buy from Dan.
Then, after I posted it, I thought that it might be taken the wrong way and I didn't want to stir up anything that didn't need to be stirred!
DonM

#189713 - 10/05/05 08:47 AM Re: TYROS 2 - early november -
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I love both DanO and George, but if I were in California I believe I'd buy from George, and if I were in Maryland I'd buy from Dan.

Hi Don, I can understand WHY you had decided to delete that post later now. Still, yours was a valid question worth answering.

Because I already have my Tyros1 set up & ready to go for upcoming holiday music gigging, and continue to enjoy performing on it as much as ever, I was initially planning to WAIT until AFTER the holidays before upgrading to Tyros2.

In the meantime, I was contacted by DanO who offered me a Tyro2 deal I couldn't turn down. Because my Tyros2 delivery has been promised to arrive 'well before' the start of the upcoming hectic holiday gig season (late Oct/early Nov), it should afford me enough time to get it setup and ready to go to perform with 'this' Christmas season!

I too consider both GeorgeK and DanO SZ buds, It's just not possible to honor your allegiance to everyone you like on SZ. As far as buying 'in State' vs 'out of State' goes, I'm sure you're well aware of the HIGH (especially in CA) upfront tax consequences, when purchasing goods in state. As a case in point, many Californian's living near the border of Californa & Oregon drive across the border to do their shopping.

Scott

#189714 - 10/05/05 11:41 AM Re: TYROS 2 - early november -
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I Make no apology whatsoever.
My money is spent wherever I feel I am treated the best and that decision is made up from many factors.
BEBOP

#189715 - 10/05/05 10:08 PM Re: TYROS 2 - early november -
DonM Offline

No apology needed or expected, ESPECIALLY for me. I did delete the question, but Scott wanted to know what it was, so no harm I hope. I suppose if you got a better deal, or have a better relationship with a dealer farther away it is worth the wait.
The sales tax thing is a pretty big deal. I can save 8.25 percent by buying out of state on the internet. Of course you have to weigh this against shipping charges. I would prefer to buy from somebody really knowledgeable in my own town, who could give great service and help. This unfortunately isn't possible any more around here, so the world is my shopping basket.
DonM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online