SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#189542 - 06/06/00 12:40 AM Style Expansion Options on the X1
DannyUK Offline

Well, with the inreasing amount of fantastic converted and user styles available, I want to store them all at once! I realise I cant do so, but I have also found that 200 extra on my X1 is not enough either. Is there any other method of storing styles on the X1, eg, what about on the MEMORY CARD slot? Can this be used for styles, and if so how would it work and also how much space does it hold?

DannyUK

#189543 - 06/06/00 12:57 AM Re: Style Expansion Options on the X1
DannyUK Offline

Actually, the best way I can think of is by storing the styles on the HD, then initialising the Pattern bank each time I want to store different styles in the Pattern bank by loading them up again. But this seems so long winded and would take ages surely?? Ideally, I would like to store them on 'cards' so that its a simple matter of plug in and out.

DannyUK

#189544 - 06/06/00 06:31 AM Re: Style Expansion Options on the X1
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Danny, that is one of the reasons I prefer my G1000[4 thousand styles available on the next downbeat of a measure in realtime],and also 111 links to performance patches...The procedure you mentioned is the only way I found to organize additional styles on the X1. Most likely with an optional SCSI interface,and storage media[external], and software update, the future might bring improved capabilities in this respect...Fran

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online