SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#189321 - 02/09/07 07:19 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
zuki Offline

UD - We still love ya

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#189322 - 02/09/07 08:02 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
This board is about entertainment though? Specifically music entertainment, performance, and playing. Well, of course there are some OT posts, but I actually tend to agree with UD's first post. So a comment about her usefulness as an entertainer came up. Just because she's imfamous we need to feel a special time of devotion and sympathy for her passing? How many of us also took a moment for every other person who passed on that day. Other people, who were indeed role models, indeed virtuous citizens? And as far as her infant, I think that poor soul would be much better off in an adoptive family that loves it than to grow up in the weird environment it's currently in. And no, I don't know the gender, hence the indefinite article. As UD said, he hates to see anyone die. Well, I agree. and no, UD doesn't need me to come to his defense, and that's not what I'm doing. I'm just saying that it's so politically correct to be super-sensative about everything, and I just don't go there.

#189323 - 02/09/07 08:03 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Kudos Uncle Dave. I've made more than my share of mistakes in life, and have been guilty of intolerance of others' lifestyles more times than I'm proud to admit.

I'm guessing I'll make some more before my journey in life is through, but hopefully I can make less of 'em and stay around long enough to figure them out and learn from the experiences. Nice to see you back. Been awhile for me too.

As for Anna... my regrets for her and her family. I've encountered enough tortured souls in my own journey and can empathize with the pain and sadness that goes with it.
Did she make some poor choices for herself ? Probably.. but at times I think if we take a good look, we all can say that. As for her relevance.. It is what it is. She chose to air much of it out publicly, and for whatever the reasons, the public soaked it up.

My earliest musical hero, Syd Barrett, was himself a study in pain and questionable lifestyle choices, although it seems pretty likely that mental illness itself, whether he had abused himself or not, would have contributed to the wreckage as well.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 02-09-2007).]

#189324 - 02/09/07 08:08 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
FAEbGBD

Very well said, I agree with you whole Heartedly.

Jerry

#189325 - 02/09/07 09:09 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Mainer:
FAEbGBD

Very well said, I agree with you whole Heartedly.

Jerry

Wow...you guys are some cold.

Jerry, you need a heart to agree "wholeheartedly".

Ian

------------------
Cha d’dhùin doras nach d’fhosgail doras.

#189326 - 02/09/07 09:29 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Thank u for posting this topic. Saw it on the news. Nice to c that ppl on a keyboard site care abt someone who wasnt very famous. She was a cool person and im sad that she passed away. We'll remember ya ANS

#189327 - 02/09/07 09:46 AM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
On one hand, sure...its always sad when anyone especially that age dies so young. Until we get more info, we don't know for sure the circumstances to explain her passing.

On the other hand-What body of work did she contribute? She was a centerfold, who the world was probably laughing at, more than laughing with, over the last few years.

The question was raised what if she was your daughter?, Well, we have three of them and of course we'd love her, but what set of parents in this world or the next would have chosen the lifestyle she did? Certainly no responsible ones. Its not a reach to say that her lifestyle directly contributed to the choices her son made, who is also no longer with us. That's the sad part....

She was a trainwreck as a person, and when trainwrecks have kids-those children pay a stunningly high price through no fault of their own. Too often people seem to have children for the wrong reasons, and are ill-prepared to make the correct deciscions with regard for the kids.

As far as the surviving child, well...they will probably benefit from her financial assets and be exposed to a very different environment than they would've if she remained alive. Which, may in the long run...hopefully work out ok...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#189328 - 02/09/07 02:58 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Ian

I guess I really am a heartless prick at times. I just have very little tolerance for this sort stuff. I prefer to feel bad for the down & out and less fortunate souls.

Could you educate me on what the following means.

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Mainer (edited 02-09-2007).]

#189329 - 02/09/07 03:59 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Mainer:
Ian

I guess I really am a heartless prick at times. I just have very little tolerance for this sort stuff. I prefer to feel bad for the down & out and less fortunate souls.

Could you educate me on what the following means.

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Mainer (edited 02-09-2007).]

Addiction is something I have lived through...it doesn't discriminate, it kills rich or poor, and fame is just another complication.

I didn't imply that you were a heartless prick, but you were quick to judge a person you know nothing about...except from the tabloids.

Perhaps I am a bit sensitive (and defensive) about addiction, having been an addict myself and experienced death up close and personal.

If I insulted you...I apologize.

If I made you think differently, even for one brief moment, then I feel my remark was justified.

No door ever closed, but another opened.

Ian

#189330 - 02/09/07 04:51 PM Re: Anna Nicole Smith RIP
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Everything we do in life is a learning experience for us all. We can learn from others lifestyles. While we appear to have mixed feelings about what is right or wrong in life, the truth remains we all have choices. Or do we? Anna Nichole chose the life she led and payed dearly for it.

Having experienced life with an addict who suffers from clinical depression, I tend to not judge Anna as a person but our society, for having such inept mental health care.

Only the family and friends who live with and experience life with these troubled people know what I am speaking of.

Walk into any emergency room on a Saturday evening and look at the people who are kept on gurneys in 4 point restraints and you will see hallways filled with Anna Nichole Smiths. None of which we would think to comment on here.

I do feel sorry for all involved in her world, family and friends. She is at peace now. Maybe that is not a bad thing for her but surely a sad one for those who loved her.

Hug your kids tonight!

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online