SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#189061 - 09/27/04 10:38 PM Finally - A mistake in my favor!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I often buy equipment over the internet if its convenient or at a really good price. Two days ago I called up a local place and asked them to overnight me a Roland V-Drum Module. It is a discontinued model, but with the latest sounds and therefore fine for my MIDI purposes -- at a cost of $389.

When I opened the box today, I discovered that they'd actually sent me their latest model which costs $495.

I haven't called them yet, and to tell you the truth, there's no way they're getting it back new. The reason I overnighted it is because I needed it for practice sessions for my biggest show yet, this coming Sunday. (I'll be playing from 9pm till 2am in a street concert in the center of Brooklyn, New York. There'll be thousands of people there!) And I doubt they will want it back after its been used.

I just hope they won't bill me for the remainder!

Do you think I'm right on this one?

#189062 - 09/27/04 11:41 PM Re: Finally - A mistake in my favor!
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Chony,

have fun playing at the concert (I will probably be playing here in Phoenix as well, although around here things tend to be organized at the last minute).

I am sure they sent you the module intentionally - they must have run out of stock of the older ones. If you are worried about it, give them a call and offer to send the new one back once you receive the one you ordered.

Chag Sameach

#189063 - 09/28/04 12:42 AM Re: Finally - A mistake in my favor!
chony Offline

Phoenix? Are you playing for Chabad?

#189064 - 09/28/04 08:00 AM Re: Finally - A mistake in my favor!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You have to call them. It's up to them if they want to substitute a better model, but I'd definetely use it in the meantime. You paid for express shipping ... get your use for the intended shows/rehersals and see if they let you keep it. You know the answer to your question already.

#189065 - 09/28/04 03:57 PM Re: Finally - A mistake in my favor!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Some online places will take the loss on that one, especially if you contact them. I remember a ways back I bought a crap load of stuff from music123, and when I got my order they made a mistake and gave me a few extra things... My order was short one item, but they told me to keep the other items on them due to their error and shipped out my missing item. You can call if you like, but chances are when they realize the mistake they'll either take the loss or find some way to right it off.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#189066 - 10/02/04 05:00 PM Re: Finally - A mistake in my favor!
chony Offline

Sorry for the dely --

I did call them -- and they said that they were out of stock on the old model so they sent me the new! So right on, Alex.

The guy I spoke to on the phone couldn't get it through his head that I was actually calling to report this mistake.

Chony

#189067 - 10/02/04 07:52 PM Re: Finally - A mistake in my favor!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You did the right thing. Set the good example and you'll never go wrong !

#189068 - 10/02/04 08:39 PM Re: Finally - A mistake in my favor!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Uncle Dave is right I remember posting something like this last year when Wal-Mart screwed up and gave me a $200.00 25 inch Stereo TV for free. The first one I bought had a problem. Took it back, and the lady sent me out the door with a new TV and a gift card with the amount of the TV refunded to the card. I didn't realize what happened until I got home. I did the right thing and took it back. The managers were so shocked too, and were very please that I brought it back. It was a simple right off for them, but they were happy to see there are still honest people out there.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#189069 - 10/02/04 09:18 PM Re: Finally - A mistake in my favor!
zalmi Offline

Loc: London, UK
Choni,

Good luck with the performance on Sunday.
I'm also playing on Sunday night - it's for an Orthodox 'sukkot' celebration!

It will be my first time playing in a four piece band, so wish me good luck! (I've never played with them before, but I'm assured they're top notch).

Also, if somebody can help me out with this small choir thing I'm having on Monday, please post in the thread I just started. It's urgent!

Chag Sameach!

#189070 - 10/02/04 09:27 PM Re: Finally - A mistake in my favor!
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zalmi:
Choni,

Good luck with the performance on Sunday.
I'm also playing on Sunday night - it's for an Orthodox 'sukkot' celebration!

It will be my first time playing in a four piece band, so wish me good luck! (I've never played with them before, but I'm assured they're top notch).

Also, if somebody can help me out with this small choir thing I'm having on Monday, please post in the thread I just started. It's urgent!

Chag Sameach!

Zalmi, where are you based and what keyboard do you use? Are you doing a simchas beis hashoevah? Chabad?

Chony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online