SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#188636 - 01/17/02 05:33 AM Re: Nanoverb
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Boo,

Reverb and harmony together should not be any problem. It sounds to me that you may not be hooked up the best way. Reverb needs a clean signal to reference against. If there is no original signal mixed in with the delayed signal there will be no reverb.

I would take the signal from the effects out from your RMS and sent it into your Nanoverb. Then take the signal out from the Nanoverb and send it into your RMS through the effects in. Your mixer should have a knob for the amount of the effect you desire.

That is how I would do it. Good luck.

Tom

Tom

#188637 - 01/17/02 05:45 AM Re: Nanoverb
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

On line 4 I ment send not "sent". Sorry for the typo.

Tom

#188638 - 01/17/02 05:47 AM Re: Nanoverb
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

meant not ment It is too early in the morning for me. I'm still brain dead.

Tom

#188639 - 01/17/02 05:06 PM Re: Nanoverb
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Boo,

I normally EQ the wet signal of (or the signal sent to) reverb to decrease level of the low and low-mid ranges and EQ the wet signal of the delay/echo to cut most of low and high ranges leaving mostly the high-mid range. The reason is the reverbed/delayed low and low-mid ranges sound a little muddy to me and delayed high range enhances sibilance (at least for my voice). Also, about the reverb and harmony, I normally add effects to the harmony line only sparingly (..considering harmony itself is some sort of an external effect to the lead line).

Shiral

[This message has been edited by shiral (edited 01-17-2002).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online