SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#188599 - 01/10/05 06:51 PM Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
Harold Offline

Loc: Harrisville,Pa USA
Hello...I have been reviewing the Demo's and Information on this Keyboard...It Looks and Sounds Very Good in this respect, I don't have one in my Area to Try Live...Would anyone using one be kind enough to give their personal opinion on this Keyboard...The Sounds and Styles,Keyboard Quality,and any valuable Information...I require a Excellent 76 note Keyboard action,Excellent Piano,Guitars,Sax,Trumpet,Organs...Excellent STYLES....I have owned SD-1,Tyro's,9000 Pro and Now using the PSR-3000(using it with a 76 Key Synth)...All Very good in their own respect and Price range...I just would like one Pro 76 Key Instrument...and Quality to justify the Price....Thank you for taking your time to voice your Input!

#188600 - 01/10/05 07:14 PM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Harold,

There's been some discussion and opinions, pro and con, on the Korg Pa1-X on this forum, so I'd suggest a search here.

Also, you'd be well served with a look at http://www.irishacts.com/
which is predominantly a Korg enthusiasts' site. The have a discussion group there with a section dedicated to the Pa1-X. Good luck.

#188601 - 01/10/05 08:25 PM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Harold, do a search under my nickname Bebop for Pa1x. I have been doing a lot of research on it and many helpful posts were made in this forum. I have not yet bought one but still thinking about it.
Best to you
Bebop

#188602 - 01/10/05 10:08 PM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
I have the PRO ,i love it, the learning on it takes time, BENNO

#188603 - 01/11/05 08:04 AM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
Hi Harold

My conclusions are as follows:

1. The sounds and styles are fantastic.
2. With the mp3 board installed, you can create mp3s directly from your live playing!
3. It is very heavy if you plan to take it out of the studio!
4. There is no main output EQ!
5. When changing from one OTS to another the sounds completely reset, so you cannot, for example, hold strings through while you change to a different upper voice using the OTS.
6. The touch screen is very hard to use, which is why I would be reluctant to change upper voices using the touch screen in a live performance.
7. It is hard to learn how to use.
8. The footswitch is programmed at a global level only, so you cannot assign it to a different function for each song (as I used to do with the Roland G1000 and do with the Tyros)

So, I use Tyros! I wish it had 76 keys, but frankly I like the light weight!

------------------
Graham

#188604 - 01/11/05 10:02 AM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Well, having listened to all the online demo's of the newest keyboards (and some "older" ones)this one sounds the best to me - with the Tyros a close second (my opinio of course). Not overly impressed with Rolands new offerings - whether Arranger or Synth, seem to lack a wee bit.

Anthony

#188605 - 01/11/05 10:29 AM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
Roel Offline

Graham is right!

The STS (single touch setting) issue starts to become very annoying to me.

Intro's and endings are very good, but just are TOO long (or too short)

I like the keyfeel very much.
The accordeons are not the best I heard (The Ketron SD1 is more natural)

The touch-display is hard to use. (even after a calculation-sequence)

If a Tyros-II would be released (with normal keys) I might switch to Yamaha.

#188606 - 01/11/05 10:34 AM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:

If a Tyros-II would be released (with normal keys) I might switch to Yamaha.

And built in speakers..perhaps?

#188607 - 01/11/05 10:38 AM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
Roel Offline

Built in speakers ? No not for me !
It brings extra weight and because I play in my home-studio or on stage, speakers are not needed.

#188608 - 01/11/05 10:58 AM Re: Korg PA1X-Pro....How do you rate it????
Harold Offline

Loc: Harrisville,Pa USA
Thank You Everyone!!!Always nice to hear more opinions also...I checked all the recommended sites, etc...Very Helpful. To me it looks like a Excellent Pro Keyboard, SO CLOSE with still some very Important Issues needed to addressed by Korg...Not Trying only to knock Korg, But I feel ANY Pro Keyboard costing App $4000 that has been selling for nearly one Year should Pretty Much have all the needed Issues resolved and Some NEW updated Features added...IT's A LARGE Hard Earned Investment for me!...I sure LIKE the Sounds of this Keyboard and Many other Features...I'm waiting to Try a Roland G-70 Also...Hummmmm... Same situation????...As previously Mentioned I have owned quite a few NEW Arrangers, All Good, BUT "Most Bang for the Buck" Keyboard and "Finished Product" so far for me is the PSR-3000 Yamaha...I may have to continue on with it teaming up with a Roland A-37(76 key) Controller(App $250 Used) or Roland XP-80 76 key Synth I have now...I love 76 Keys for Piano work and need a light semi- weighted action because of Arthritus in my Fingers...Enough Rambling by me for Now!..I just Love Playing Keyboards!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online