SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#188406 - 07/23/03 01:15 PM Registration Sequence on Tyros
Nick Locke Offline

Loc: Manchester, UK
Textbook stuff - registration sequence set up, pedal two moves forwards through the sequence, pedal three moves backwards (both are identical momentary action pedals).

However, something is amiss!

If we start midway through the sequence (so the red box is around one of the entries at the top right of the screen) and press pedal three, the red box moves one to the left and stays there - exactly as I would expect.

If we press pedal two, the red box moves one to the right , again exactly as I would expect. It doesn't stay there though! About two seconds later, the red box disappears altogether. Then the next pedal press starts the sequence again.

The book says something about a long pedal press returning to the start of the sequence. This led me to check that both pedals were indeed identical and momentary contacts, not latching - all is well with the pedals. I have also swapped the two pedals around and the problem is always with the pedal that is in socket two - in other words, it is definitely the Tyros and not the pedal itself.

Any ideas what is happening?

#188407 - 07/23/03 03:51 PM Re: Registration Sequence on Tyros
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
What, exactly, are you talking about?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#188408 - 07/23/03 06:15 PM Re: Registration Sequence on Tyros
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Nick,

On my Tyros, I setup & tested out the Tyros 'Registration Sequence' feature (covered on pages 128 & 129 of the Tyros owner's manual) exactly the way you described:

Reg+ : Pedal 2
Reg- : Pedal 3
Seq End set to: TOP

and cannot duplicate the problem you're experiencing.

When I press Pedal 2, the red box (current reg selected) moves back one, and when I press Pedal 3, the red box moves up one, as it should. The red box does NOT later disappear (as in your case) after pressing Pedal 3, even after waiting several minutes.

My suggestion is to try reversing the pedal 3 polarity setting to see if this solves the problem. The polarity setting for each of the 3 foot pedals is set in the Controler Window: Function> Controller (D button). Scroll down to pedal #3 using the 'B' button on the side of the LCD screen, and then switch it's polarity by using the 'I' button as a toggle.

If this doesn't work, perhaps you don't have the latest Tyros OS update installed. The current version is: 1.20 and can be downloaded here:
http://www.yamahapkclub.com/tyros/download/os_verup/os_verup.htm

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Scott

#188409 - 07/23/03 11:54 PM Re: Registration Sequence on Tyros
Nick Locke Offline

Loc: Manchester, UK
kbrkr - Seemed clear enough to Scott! :-)

Scott - We do have the latest OS. We have tried polarity reversal. Thanks for the thoughts and thanks for pointing out the manual pages to kbrkr!!

Not sure where to go from here.

Nick

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online