SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#188093 - 11/25/01 08:26 AM Re: PSR2000: suggestions for the next OS
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Here are a few MORE requests for the NEXT PSR2000 OS release:

1) The 'Multipads' are a principal feature which can add realism and spontaneity to a performance. Accessing them to full advantage via your hand (while playing the keyboard simultaneously) can be awkward at best, so being able to trigger them via a remote foot pedal is really needed.

Adding the ability to trigger the 'Multipads: 1-4' from a multi pedaled foot controller unit is HIGH in my list of requests. Adding support (via din outlet) for a 6-8 multi pedaled foot controler unit would be needed.

Unfortunately the 'multipads' are not supported via midi (there is no SysEx commands for the 'multipads'), so it is not even possible to trigger them via an optional Yamaha MFC10 midi foot controller unit. It would be great if the 'Multipads' were assigned a SYSEx command so they could be programmed to be triggered via the MFC10. Perhaps Yamaha could create a PSR2000 template for the MFC10, like they did on the PSR9000.

2) MORE 'registration memory bank' capacity per USER Registration file. Eight registrations are not sufficient for many of my song setups. I would prefer two banks: 1(1-8) and 2(1-8) , making a total of 16 possible custom registration setups per song.I often require 10-14 registration setups per song:

Reg1: A sec - Style Vari 1 w/instr setup 1
Reg2: A Sec - Style Vari 2 w/instr setup 2
Reg3: B Sec - Style Vari 3 w/instr setup 3
Reg4: A Sec - Style Vari 1 w/instr setup 4
Reg5: Solo A - Style Vari 3 w/instr setup 5
Reg6: Solo A - Style Vari 4 w/instr setup 6
Reg7: Solo B - Style Vari 2 w/instr setup 3
Reg8: Solo A - Style Vari 1 2/instr setup 7
Reg9: A Sec - Style Vari 2 w/instr setup 2
Reg10:A Sec - Style Vari 2 w//instr setup 8
Reg11:B Sec - Style Vari 3 w/ instr setup 9
Reg12:A Sec - Style Vari 4 w/ key modulation & instr setup 10

3)Adding 'Registration Sequence (+1)' to the 'foot pedal contoller assignment' would also be a BIG plus. Much easier than having to take a hand away from the keys to trigger a 'Registration Memory change (+1).

4) I want to see increased USER Memory capacity, 580kb is way too small and only allows you to store around 20 styles. I would like to see 5 MB or MORE. This would avoid having to load from floppy as often. A screen to allow us to monitor USER memory usage would be nice too (total memory, memory used, and free memory).

I'm still enjoying the PSR2000! - Scott
http://scottyee.com

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-25-2001).]

#188094 - 11/25/01 08:41 AM Re: PSR2000: suggestions for the next OS
Beakybird Offline

I'm seeing some fantastic suggestions. I hope Yamaha implements some of these in a few months, not in a year or so!

Scott, isn't the USER memory capacity a hardware issue not an OS issue? I wish it were an OS issue, because I would be so very happy if I could get more user memory out of this thing.

Larry

#188095 - 11/25/01 08:58 AM Re: PSR2000: suggestions for the next OS
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Larry: Yep, I think you're Right! I guess I thought it is was worth 'hoping for' anyway. It would be cool if you could just install an easy memory chip upgrade (like with PCs). hmmm.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online