SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18803 - 06/17/00 06:24 PM N1 R 4 Channel receives
mikeferd Offline

Loc: Atlanta , Ga .USA
I don't understand the best way to set up the N1R to get 4 channels live from my master keyboard .I do know how to send OUT MIDI. Do I want to be in Multi or Performance ? I would think Performance would give me more 'playability' in a live situation , with the knobs and all . Is there no template somewhere that would simplify all this ? Should I make a Combi first ? Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!
Thanks!

#18804 - 06/18/00 09:19 AM Re: N1 R 4 Channel receives
Key Juice Offline

Mikeferd,
There is no template (that I'm aware of) for setting up 4 channel receives on the korg n1. Simply transmit the channel data from your master kbd to the n1. This will work just fine in program mode. The knobs will effect the one sound shown on the display in single, and in split or layer it effect will both of the sounds that are shown on the display. Multi mode is only necessary when more than 16 midi channels are being used.

#18805 - 06/18/00 09:27 AM Re: N1 R 4 Channel receives
Key Juice Offline

Sorry the answer above was incomplete. I meant to say that it would work fine in PERFORMANCE instead of program mode. Secondly the display will only show one or two programs out of 4 (or more) channels being used. I think the Knobs will only effect sounds being displayed while using the n1 live.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online