Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#187968 - 09/04/07 04:11 AM Re: Let's build a Hybrid arranger keyboard
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by ricok987:
How about an easy to use independant pattern arranger like ones on a drum machine that you can use to program your own patterns for pattern buttons and save to/with user styles?

In the Qtractor arranger we have inserted the 16 key pattern, where you can switch from pattern to pattern, like one standard arranger.
Qtractor have also the midi editor clip ( piano roll) for imput notes like one drum machine system.
You can configure the patterns how you like, can be only one midi tracks or audio tracks, you can choose what you will do for the each 16 patterns.
We think that this is the best way and full editing system for the arranger mode too.

#187969 - 09/04/07 07:17 AM Re: Let's build a Hybrid arranger keyboard
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
All that's needed imo is to take a Korg i-series: (the is35 would be best because it has speakers, vocal harmonizer, and EC5 pedal)-- just add to the poly, update the sounds and styles with selections from the compatible pa800, make it 76 w/an extra lower button, update the harmonizer, add usb, and voila!

------------------
Miami Mo

#187970 - 09/04/07 09:46 AM Re: Let's build a Hybrid arranger keyboard
renig Offline

Loc: Canada

#187971 - 09/05/07 05:28 AM Re: Let's build a Hybrid arranger keyboard
paulgee Offline

I was just reading down this and thought I would put a link to my creation and hey presto 'renig' beat me to it.

Maybe not as creative as some of the ideas here and nothing that one cannot do without connecting the PA800, Fantom XR and VMK161 seperately. However I do get some advantages:

1. Weight is only 35lbs compared with seperate weight of over 60lbs (the metal chassis of the VMK-161 organ makes it no lightweight controller).

2. Minimal setup time.

3. Connecting the keyboard internally using the existing keyboard interface means no complicated midi merging with the PA800 & VMK161 outputs to drive the Fantom XR so that I can include the XR setup in my performances.

....I am hoping this will keep my gear lust at bay for the next few years.....nah lets get realistic perhaps a month.....mmmmmh maybe a day......anyone want to buy...

Best Regards
Paul.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online