Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 09-04-2007).]

#187959 - 08/30/07 03:04 PM Re: Let's build a Hybrid arranger keyboard
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Mmmmmm...let me see...

The weight of PSR-3000...hey, the S900 weighs about the same

SA voices from the T2...mmmm....the S900 already has those.

Superb Yamaha build quality....aahhh...the S900 once again.

Smooth, light and fast action from the ....S900 of course.

Great built in speakers like...the S900.

Easy to use Audio to USB recording as featured in the Tyros2 ...the S900 has it.

Reasonable price...well that's easy...the S900...it is the best bang for the buck, hands down.

Well, I got mine finished....hey wait....I own an S900....

Lucky me!

Ian

#187960 - 08/30/07 05:11 PM Re: Let's build a Hybrid arranger keyboard
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 09-04-2007).]

#187961 - 08/30/07 05:17 PM Re: Let's build a Hybrid arranger keyboard
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I know, Fran...I was just having fun with you.

Ian

#187962 - 08/30/07 08:08 PM Re: Let's build a Hybrid arranger keyboard
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Lets use a Nord C1 keyboard for starters and stretch the top keyboard to 73 keys.
Add the Roland VK or Hammond drawbar engine.
Use the Yamaha Grand piano samples and their multi-pad idea.
Use the old Roland chord sequencer and the phrase recorder (ala XP50,60,80).
USB in and out.
Sr-16 type drum programming.
Keep it under 40 lbs. and under $2500.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 08-30-2007).]

#187963 - 08/30/07 09:43 PM Re: Let's build a Hybrid arranger keyboard
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
The speakers in the PA800 are nice but I have never used them on a gig nor do I foresee a time that I would.
I would personally prefer a module so that I could use a variety of controllers – midi accordion, strap-on/keytar or a controller with as many or as little keys as I want to suit the job.
Weight is not an issue with a module.
The Genesys XP has an mp3 player, harmonizer, sequencer, a built-in recording studio, and most of the features that the top of the line arrangers have such as the multi pads and 20 gig HD. I like the multi pedal feature – you can chain up to 3 six-pedal units for 18 pedals.
So for me, it’s a Genesys XP with the styles and some of the sounds from Roland, Korg and Ketron and the Ketron drums.
A General EQ that could be adjusted on the fly – sans mixer and without having to page through a menu. I don’t know if anyone has this feature.
USB connection to transfer files, styles etc.
On the fly marker setting and multimedia playlist from Korg.
A 2-3 day, hands on workshop with a company tech/rep that will show you how to get the maximum from the machine as well as reveal all the little nuances and ‘work arounds’ not covered in the manual.
A user support group as good as the Yamaha owners have.
I’m not familiar with the Liontacs technology but throw some of that in for good measure.
And with the Genesys XP, you get Dave.
Ciao, Jerry

[This message has been edited by Jerry T (edited 08-31-2007).]

#187964 - 08/31/07 01:35 AM Re: Let's build a Hybrid arranger keyboard
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy

"This thread is useless..."

#187965 - 08/31/07 01:37 AM Re: Let's build a Hybrid arranger keyboard
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
This would be my ideal all in one arranger workstation:

The build quality of my Wersi Abacus Duo Pro. Real wood and lots of metal may add to the weight, but I'll take that any day over some plastic toy.

The sounds from my Wersi using OAS 7 supplemented by Gigastudio sounds and analog VST emulations from John Bowen and Zarg Music.

The real time drawbars and organ sounds from my Wersi. Supplemented of course by the B4 VST that the Wersi is running.

The real time volume controls and programmable features of my Wersi.

The high definition 1920 x 1200 LCD screen from my Macbook Pro 17" built into the arranger.

The semi-weighted keybed from my Wersi, the 61 and 76 note keyboards feel fantastic.

The recording features, speed, and intuitive user interface from my Fairlight DAW for all audio and video recording.

Drum and percussion sounds from my Fairlight CMI III, AKAI MPC3000, Forat F9000, and Gigastudio.

The Vocalizer features of the Eventide H8000.

24 built in mic preamps from Forssell Technologies so I can record direct to disc without compromise.

Built in Manley Slam so I don't have to worry about level problems when tracking.

The Dual MP3/Audio Players from the Lionstracs Mediastation.

The real time Pitch Shift and Timestretch features from the Mediastation and my Fairlight.

The dual gooseneck lamp setup and dimmer system used by Lionstracs in the Mediastation.

The multi monitor outputs of the Mediastation so I can run three LCD's at the same time. One playing video, one showing me the Main edit screen, and the other displaying my sequences and cues.

Speakers from the Wersi Louvre. The Wersi speakers are the best I've heard in any arranger keyboard bar none. If you've never heard one in person, you just can't imagine the sheer power of the audio system. The Louvre isn't portable, but the sound system is awesome!

An additional subwoofer option using the massive NHT subwoofer from my NHT Pro Mastering system. Sometimes you just have to wake up the neighbors with earth shattering bottom end.

The open ended software capability of the Wersi and Lionstracs. This is where the future of keyboards is going. Wersi and Lionstracs just got the jump on everyone else.

From Lionstracs... the best customer service I know of. What other company lets you speak right to the CEO when you have a problem or comment? When's the last time you spoke to the CEO of Yamaha, Korg, or Roland when you had a question or concern?

#187966 - 09/04/07 03:46 AM Re: Let's build a Hybrid arranger keyboard
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Thanks Ensnareyou..
well, the true fund is when we wil release the new OS 2.0 Revolution, look there the all new specification: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/msiso-20-p-179.html

Now we are working to assembly and merge the VstHost in the MS code and then we can control the all features of the VstHost under the MS pannel.
Now we can save 30 Banks and for each bank up to 128 programm VST session ( 3840 session recalled in realtime by the MS buttons)
Is possible also load unlimited VST, VST effects, routing for each session!
Here some new pictures: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/information_pages.php?info_id=24

The last news is that we are working to change totally the arranger player engine and integrating the new Qtractor sequencer: http://qtractor.sourceforge.net/qtractor-index.html
The new Qtractor arranger will support Unlimited Audio and Midi tracks, with the possibility to routing the all midi outs where you like.
The all Audio tracks can loading effects plugins, plus we are merge our licensed Pitch Shift/Timescratch 24Bit in the qtractor arranger ( then is like you will have the Audya arranger system BUT not limited with the slow sampler.
Qtractor Arranger will have also the GIGA loaded integrated for any tracks and the EMC/Tyros Exporten Midifile loader.
The styles importer will automatically setup the all styles midifiles patern in the right qtractor patterns.

Qtractor laso have the possibility to RECORD the tracks in realtime and NOT only midi BUT Audio!
Example: You can load one style, add a new audio track, start the Play and record your MIC Input audio Guitar riff under C Chords in the pattern!
The Elastique Timescratch/pitch shift will then transpose the audio chords when you pressing the chords keys like one true audio styles.

All this power features are possible only by PC hosting, because need a lot of power and file transfer.
I will inform you when I have some video demos available.
cheers

#187967 - 09/04/07 04:02 AM Re: Let's build a Hybrid arranger keyboard
ricok987 Offline

Loc: N Brunswick, NJ, US
How about an easy to use independant pattern arranger like ones on a drum machine that you can use to program your own patterns for pattern buttons and save to/with user styles?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online