SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#187670 - 03/18/02 10:53 PM THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
ComposerRyan Offline

Hi everybody! The miracle really did happen...it was on Saturday, the 16th of 2002 when Yamaha came to my family's front door and actually donated a PSR740...so, here is how it all came together...

First of all, I don't know where to begin...I am honestly speechless. Truly, I cannot express myself with words alone, you all have touched my heart deeply and impacted my life...basically, you have given me a future filled with hope, truth, and true wisdom. How could this possibly happen? How could my family and I receive such gifts in such a short amount of time? It doesn't even sound humanly possible, does it? Well, it's not! There is a bigger picture behind the miracle that took place this Saturday...and it all comes down to God. If someone would have told me 4 months ago that I was going to receive a keyboard, keyboard stand and keyboard bag, microphone and mircrophone stand, laptop (with carrying bag), and sound module all for FREE...I simply would not have believed them. But, it happened...I actually did receive all this stuff for free! But, I keep on asking myself how and why we received this gear...and the only thing that truly comes to mind is God. Remember that! God is real...He has always provided for my family in the roughest of times and supported us when we needed Him most! But, God's people were the performers of this miracle...they made it happen. Thank you everybody - Yamaha, Uncle Dave, George Kaye, and synthzone members - who performed this miracle! You all are special people who have given me a gift that I will always keep in my heart...so, I will go ahead and tell you about the keyboard since we have all waited so patiently for this moment and I'll go ahead and express my thanks as well:

THE MIRACLE OF SATURDAY, MARCH 16TH!
It all took place on Saturday, March 16th, 2002 - a day that I will never forget! In the afternoon, Yamaha arrived at my family's front porch. He was a Yamaha representative named James. He was a very kind, generous man and he treated us with great respect! He pulled up in his van and carried the keyboard in its original packaging right up to our front door! He had gone out of his way to find the time, organize all of this into his schedule, and then even personally deliver it to out front door! What a special guy...THANKS JAMES! He than carried it into the bedroom, where our studio was setup, and set the big, brown box down that said "Yamaha PSR740"! I cannot describe how I felt at that moment when I saw that big, brown box that James carried! I was excited, grateful, thrilled, happy, anxious, etc! I couldn't believe that it was real, it was the moment that I had been waiting for...so, my family and I enjoyed every moment of it! Robby, my twin, and Mom, whose name is Shawn, were there to celebrate the moment. Ricky, my older brother, couldn't be there since he was unavailabe...but he finally got to see the keyboard when he came home from work!

Anyway, after James set the box down in the bedroom, we all got the chance to introduce ourselves and tell how we felt about the entire thing. He then opened the box and let Robby and me pull out the keyboard ourselves! As we grasped the keyboard that was in the box, we were so thrilled! We then slowly pulled it out - WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS BEATIFUL!!!! IT WAS HUGE TOO!!!!!!! IT WAS A MIRACLE!!!! I coudn't believe what I was seeing as Robby and I set it on the keyboard stand (that George Kaye had sent us)! James was a nice man, I could tell that he was enjoying our happiness - I realize that you guys wanted to be there too...and I wish I could have shared the moment with you guys as well! Don't worry, we'll try to take some pictures of our studio setup and show it to you guys! After all, this happened because of everyone who contributed and you deserve to see what you have done!!

Again, Robby and I set the YAMAHA PSR740 up on the keyboard stand. It was absolutely perfect. I was surprised at how massive the keyboard itself was...it was wide and the depth of it was long too! Plus, it had not one, but TWO LCD displays!!! It had what almost looked like a silver/golden color trimming that enveloped the LCD displays and all the beautiful buttons. The two speakers surrounded the LCD and its buttons on the keyboard's top right and left sides. And, I immediately noticed the pitch bend and modulation wheels, the data dial wheel, the amount of keys (61), the two keypads, and then I remembered something: the Floppy Disk Drive! I looked for it and I found it at the bottom of the keyboard!!!! I had not even seen the full potential of the keyboard yet, and I was just thrilled and I stil am! Mom was there watching the entire thing unfold and she was just so grateful that Yamaha had done this for us! As we secured the keyboard on the sturdy stand that George Kaye had sent us, James offered to hook it up and turn it on! He plugged the AC adapter in and then, as we all watched in anticipation, he turned it on!!!! It was booted up and ready to go within at least a second...I was amazed at how everything turned on so quickly! The LCD Displays lit up and glowed of images that popped up immediately and the lights lit up in a red color...wow! What an amazing moment...I will never forget that moment when he turned it on. YAMAHA'S products are just awesome! Keep in mind, at this point, I had never seen a keyboard or touched one with the overwhelming features of the PSR740! I had never seen a keyboard with an LCD display before! (Only on the internet of course). James then made sure the volume was just right and then he let us play it! That really meant a lot to me when he let me play it first, again, he was a very nice guy and he represented YAMAHA very well! THANKS JAMES AND GOOD JOB AT REPRESENTING YAMAHA!

So...I sat down at the keyboard. I looked at the LCD displays that had many images on it, like LVoice, R1Voice, R2Voice, Style, and other things like track and temp settings. Then, I "hit" the keyboard with a gentle tap and a grand piano came out of the speakers! Robby and I gasped and we immediately knew what was in front of us: our dream! I then played one of my songs that I had "composed" on my old PSR3 and it sounded absolutely beautiful!!!!! It was touch sensative too and I found that feature to be amazing, since I could truly express myself when playing the keyboard! So, I played a couple of songs on the Grand Piano and I felt like I was in a dream! Than, I looked at the LCD display and realized that there were, 700 more voices for me to explore! James then showed me how to choose another voice - of course, I picked strings! I had listened to some audio demos on http://www.svpworld.com/ so I picked classical strings and played it! WOW!!!!! It sounded so real...I felt like as if I had an orchestra right at my fingertips (actually, I did)!!! The entire world of music - from acoustic grand piano to guitars and brass to strings - was all contained within one keyboard and now I finally had the opportunity to explore this world of music! I than let my twin, Robby, play since he had waited so patiently too! I couldn't wait to hear his music, he is VERY talented on the keyboard as well! So, he then played some songs with various voices and it sounded astonishing! Mom was amazed at how real the keyboard sounded and I coudn't believe what I was hearing as Robby played his music! Robby's music is awesome and I have really enjoyed listening to his songs on the brand new PSR740!

After Robby played his excellent music, James then showed us some other features, like the styles that everyone talks about here on the forum. I really love the styles' drum rythm - I think that I will be learning a lot from the numerous styles that are available on the PSR740...and, I really want to learn how to create my own! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img] I think that it would be so much fun to create my own drum track and have it loop constantly in the back of my composition...that is truly amazing that the PSR740 offers such powerful features such as the style recording - which I have already read about in the thick owner's manual! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img] Again, I was very amazed about the styles and I could not wait to explore all the possibilities that the PSR740 offers!

After showing us the basic functions of styles, he then continued to show us how to navigate the keyboard using the data dial wheel and its other astounding features, such as the keypad. Again, he was a very kind and generous man who showed respect towards us and allowed us to explore the possibilities of the keyboard freely. After we all talked, he then took pictures of us standing by the keyboard...he told us that the pictures will probably end up in a music magazine! I'll have to find out what magazine that our pictures will end up in and see if I can possibly get a copy... [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img]

After everything was setup and we had talked to each other and expressed our thanks, James had to leave. He only stayed for a half an hour and then left us with this special gift! Before I go any further, I want to acknowledge what James did for my family and me. He went out of his way to find the time to organize this, come to our house, and actually set it up and make sure everything was working just right! I also want to thank Mark Anderson from Yamaha, who I heard also worked hard to organize this as well. Even though I have not gotten the chance to speak with him or meet him personally, I know that he put a lot of effort into this as well! THANKS JAMES AND MARK FROM YAMAHA! You guys are truly amazing and thank you for giving us the gift of music! You have given us a huge opportunity to explore the world of music...and now, we wake up to it everyday! Yamaha, you are a blessing to my family and you have given many musicians around the globe the opportunity to actually express their talents! You are truly devoted and dedicated and your hard work is honored by those who represent you the best! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

So, after James left and everything was setup, our lives were changed forever! We had been touched by special people and we realized that this world was still full of people who really cared and were willing to go the extra mile to help others in need. So, there is the story of what took place on Saturday! I've been having tons of fun playing the keyboard and reading the owner's manual in order to figure out the numerous, various features of the PSR740! The manual is really thick and it is the best manual I have ever read...it has images, easy-to-read instructions, and offers help when running into problems! Yamaha is an amazing company that performs miracles and gives many people the gift of music! I am really impressed by the way Yamaha organized this all, I cannot find the words to describe how I feel about what Yamaha has done for my family and me! They are truly an amazing coporation that has a big heart!!!! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img] THANKS AGAIN YAMAHA FOR EVERYTHING!!!

THANKS TO EVERYONE!
I want to thank the following people, including Yamaha, who contributed to this entire miracle. Through their heartfelt contributions, we received:
-Yamaha PSR740 Keyboard
-Laptop with Padded Laptop Carrying Bag
-Sound Module Dr. Synth DS-330
-Keyboard Stand YKA 7000
-Microphone Kit with Carrying Case Audix CD-11 Microphone
-Microphone Stand Ultra Stand
-Padded Keyboard Carrying Bag PKB 900

Obviously, that is a lot of gear!!!!!! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img] And, I realize it took a lot of effort and money to put it all together...I am just overwhelmed! You all are very special people and, again, you have impacted my life deeply - and I speak for my family too when I say that! So, here is the list of those who contributed:
-Mark Anderson (Yamaha)
-James Hatcher (Yamaha)
-Uncle Dave
-George Kay
-And, of course, SynthZone forum members!

I hope I did not leave out anybody, if I did, please be sure to let me know. I realize there were probably more people from Yamaha who took part in this and since I do not know exaclty how everything came together, I might have left out somebody and I am sorry if I did.

I'll probably post out a seperate topic and put a detailed list of those who contributed, just in case I left out somebody. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img]

SEE YOU AROUND EVERYBODY!
Well, I will update you more about how my family and I are doing! I'll tell you about my experiences with the PSR740 and how the entire home studio works together perfectly! Also, of course, I may have some questions for those experts who are out here on the forum and have years of experience in the music industry! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks everyone for everything that you have done for us! Sorry if I left out anything, so much has happened in such a short amount of time...You have made our dream into a reality and now we have a promising future full of fun music-making! We will use this gift wisely and spread a good message and give people hope by offering the truth through our music! Obviously, this 'letter' that I have written is long, so I will go ahead and end it by saying...

See you around on the forums everybody and have a nice day,
Ryan [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#187671 - 03/19/02 04:36 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
"The Eagle has landed !!!!"

That's great, Ryan! We're all very happy for you, and very proud to be a part of your special day! I can't think of anyone who deserves a break more! Enjoy, my friend !

#187672 - 03/19/02 04:57 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a longing fulfilled is the tree of life (Proverbs 13:12)

I can't begin to tell you how really really happy I am for you. Just write and play what He gives you and He will do the rest.

#187673 - 03/19/02 06:56 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Dear Uncle Dave, George Kay and others,

Thank you very much for this. It is like I am the one who just got awarded. May the Lord bless you.

#187674 - 03/19/02 07:20 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
CONGRATULATIONS to you Ryan and to your family .... and CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who contributed in any way, and especially the man who I think really got the ball rolling, Uncle Dave. Unfortunately for me, I was not able to get involved before UD said everything was all set, but I know the feeling I got just following this great story of a giving humanity. In another thread people are actually debating the presence of GOD .... this is absolute proof that He exists, in all shapes, colors and sizes of humanity ... as someone else has said, Ryan, use the talent He has given you, and make Him proud ...
t.

#187675 - 03/19/02 08:08 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Happy Keyboarding to Ryan & his Family!
It does my heart good to see this has finally
all come together so nicely
Thanks to Uncle Dave & Everyone.
So Ryan & Family make Beautiful Music,& I hope
someday your music will be heard by everyone.
The VERY BEST of Luck & the TOP of the World to you all GOD BLESS !!!!!!!!
Denny

#187676 - 03/19/02 08:20 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ryan,

Your expression of sincere appreciation really 'came thru' in your post. We all look forward to hearing your music created on your new PSR740. Congratulation and best wishes tor an exciting lifelong musical journey - Scott

#187677 - 03/19/02 08:56 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Scott .... fully agree with your comment re Ryan's feeling of appreciation ... if his music has that much passion, this kid will be GREAT
t.

#187678 - 03/19/02 09:06 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hello Ryan

Congratulations.
The Synthzone family is happy!!!!

Brasilian regards
Chico

#187679 - 03/19/02 09:11 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ryan..
You have expressed yourself so well since your very first post which caught the attention and hearts of the SynthZone members. I started performing when I was just about your age and can feel your and Robby's excitement down to my bones.

We all look forward to seeing the pic of your setup and will hopefully get to see the magazine piece that James mentioned.

Enjoy.

Best to you and your family.
Eddie

#187680 - 03/19/02 10:13 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Iam SOOO happy for you. Enjoy as you embark upon this new musical journey. We'll be looking forward to hearing some of your music. All the best

Korg AJ

#187681 - 03/19/02 10:19 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Be VERY careful, Ryan. I also started at your age, and am still loving it.
Seriously, we all wish you the best and are so proud that your dreams were realized.
DonM

#187682 - 03/19/02 12:04 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
Ryan,
Great perspective on life kiddo...keep putting God first and honor him with all you do, everything else will fall into place. Have a ball with your new instrument....Brian

#187683 - 03/19/02 02:16 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Ryan,
Congratulations on your new “stuff” it sounds like your off to a fine start. When I joined the “Synth Zone” I started reading about your “dream” and your love for music. Being a new member, I was still getting my “feet wet”. I did not contribute, because when I joined in January I think the ball was already in motion, and to be honest a little skeptical. However reading the different post and reading about you and your family I became aware of just how important a group like this is. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone how was involved in making your dream come true. Uncle Dave, George, SK and AJ, Bluezplayer, Scott, the Don`s and Dan`s and Squeak and Linda, Chris and everyone else how helped aid a fellow musician and his family with the gift of music.

Over the past few months I have gotten a lot of help from this Forum, the people here are very
knowledgeable and are a great help to however comes along looking for advise or needs a question answered. So I thank you Chris for making this BBS and I thank Dr. Simon William's for his contribution to our group. And I would be remiss if I did not thank you all for the help that you have given me. Also let be known that although I may not always agree with “Yamaha of America” I must commend you for what you did for Ryan and his family.
So in closing, I wish you and your family all the best and I sincerely hope that you enjoy and build on what these fine people have done, God bless you all and thanks again.
jedi

#187684 - 03/19/02 03:08 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Jedi,

One thing I appreciated about this is how Uncle Dave took the time to get to know the people at personal level and understand their needs and where they come from. And how the need was met by various people from this forum.

One unfortunate but interesting observation is that people come and go and we forget that there are real people behind and not just instruments or screen names. That what makes me come to this forum is because I believe there is personal attachement between musicians. I am guilty as well in this area. I had several discussions with Ryan but never realised or even asked about his personal life. Never knew that he did not have a keyboard.

I am thankful to all of those who participated in this, unfortunately, I was not one of them. But I am happy like I received the keyboard myself and I am glad for their example.

#187685 - 03/19/02 03:32 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
jedi Offline

Hi sk880user,
Thanks for the feed-back, and I agree that this is a very unique forum and that the people are real and have wants and needs. I`m as glad for Ryan as I am for anyone else in this group that has some "good luck" tossed there way. The thing that keeps me comming back is the kind responces I get even if I "post or reply" something that might be "old-hat" for some, but always willing to help
jedi

#187686 - 03/19/02 03:51 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
All the best Ryan in your new world! Wishing you many happy musical moments with your new setup, and happy to know that you found the psr740 review and sounds at svpworld useful. If ever you get the chance to drop me a line, I would love to hear from you!

Kindest regards
Simon Williams
SVPworld
incorporating PSRworld

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#187687 - 03/19/02 05:20 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Ryan,
congradulations and all the best while you explore your new Yamaha keyboard, computer and all the accessories.
My friends at Yamaha do deserve our thanks for supplying Ryan with a "free" keyboard and especially thanks to Uncle Dave for his thoughtfulness in making all of this happen. God Bless you all!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#187688 - 03/19/02 05:40 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Out of the fullness of the heart, doth the mouth speak, and this young man certainly does have a full heart, and a mouth that can speak very eloquently about what that heart contains. In this present world of hate and selfishness, this simply exersise of brotherly love has given us all a new lease on life. It says to me, that after all I have seen in my long life in this world, to just trust the Creator for all that I have not seen. To have a friend, you must first be a friend, and this forum is full of friends. ARJ

#187689 - 03/19/02 07:25 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
danb Offline

Congratulations!! to you Ryan and to the rest of your family. We can feel your happiness here in this community. This is the greatest BBS I've ever been. I salute to all the people behind this. We are excited to hear some of your compositions. God bless!!

#187690 - 03/19/02 08:53 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
RicRob Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA, USA
To Shawn, Ryan, Robby, Ricky
What a wonderful event of this nature at such troubling times in our world. We hear so much about the evil in our midst and it was heartwarming to see Ryan's dream come true. Special thanks to Uncle Dave, George Kaye, Yamaha and many others who have supported this great venture.
Music is powerful, I've seen it's magic work in many situations.
Ryan and Robby, if music is part of your dreams, you now have the equipment, put your heart and efforts into making more dreams and magic come true not only for yourselves but for the world.
I am so happy for you and your family.
God bless you all, Shawn, Ryan, Robby, Ricky and this wonderful forum.
RicRob

#187691 - 03/20/02 03:28 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Ryan,

How wonderful! Good luck to you and your family and hope you enjoy your music for ever and ever!

To all of you here and then some:

Last ten months of my life have been quite difficult. All of you have made it easier for me to adjust. I was not left a rich widow but I couldn't get any richer than the friendship and caring I always see here. Just to let you know its a GOOD day for me today thanks to all your actions. Ryans good fortune makes everyone feel good!

Take care,

-Linda

#187692 - 03/20/02 06:42 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
Uncle Dave Offline

This is truly awesome! And right before Easter too! As a "family" of musicians, please take this small gesture of humanity, and run with it. Run to your own families, your friends, and even to strangers. Run with the feeling that the world is full of goodness, if you only take time to notice. All the people of the world are "connected," and we, as musicians possess the universal language that bridges the gaps between the masses.
I was drawn to this project by a force created at THIS forum. The force of sharing, and compassion. The willingness to offer help, with NO paybacks.
Anyone that says "The Internet is evil" has never seen a site like this. There will always be skeptics and nonbelievers - but I am VERY thankful that I found this wonderful place. I visit every day, and I try to offer as much as I can. The other sections of this group do not compare with the level of humanity that we have here. From now on ....... the "General Arranger Keyboard Forum" is the only place for me!
Rock on Ryan ..... we're all with you, buddy!

#187693 - 03/20/02 07:05 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
ComposerRyan Offline

Hey everyone, thanks for the loving replies - that really means a lot to me!

I will never forget that special moment when we got that keyboard. Most of all, the people behind the miracles that took place that weekend are what made it truly unique and special. As I wrote my experience and posted out to the SynthZone, I really wanted to speak about God and what He has done for my family...I honestly wasn't sure what type of response I would get. And, I was so surprised when I checked back on my post and read the many agreements pertaining to God and His miracles! You all are wonderful...God has blessed me with wonderful people and I truly love this SynthZone community!!! Thank you all for giving me this community and providing me with a peaceful, loving atmosphere! I had no idea that by joining this forum community that I would get to know such wonderful friends as you guys - each and every one of you are truly special and you have honestly changed my perspective of this world!

I'll try to respond to as many people as I can...your comments really mean a lot to me and I truly enjoyed reading your replies! Thanks everyone!

Linda...you are truly a brave person for handling your situation so well. I had no idea that you had gone through such a tragedy recently...I cannot say that I truly understand your situation...since I have never really experienced anything like that before. Again, I am so sorry about your situation...just let me know if you need some support, we are all here for you Linda! I really want you to know that! You are a special person and everyone here really cares about you! My Mom, whose name is Shawn, is available and would really love to talk to you...you can e-mail me at: composerryancontact@yahoo.com and I can give you my Mom's e-mail so that you can talk to her! Just let me know if you want to talk, we are here for you Linda! I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts...and I am glad that you had a good day like you said in your reply!

Uncle Dave...you are a very inspirational person! I completely agree! Just as you said, we should focus on the goodness of this world and spread it to our families, our friends, and even to strangers. When this entire thing started, I remember that you said, "...psssst! I've been known to work miracles!" Well, you were right, Uncle Dave! You are a miracle worker, a miracle worker of God! I will follow in your footsteps Uncle Dave when I grow up...because I want to give people happiness and hope, just as you have done! You could have been doing something else with your time instead of helping me, Uncle Dave, but instead, you chose to take the time out and put this all together...and you have changed my life! You are an amazing guy, Uncle Dave! I also believe, just as you said, that the people of this world are connected. I felt a good 'force' on this forum too when I first joined and everyone has treated me so nice! I am amazed that you guys were willing to do this for my family and me and expect nothing in return, you all are a blessing to my family and me! And every time I sit down at the new PSR740, I know that you all are with me, just as you said! I think about you guys everyday and everytime I walk into our home studio, I keep you in mind! You are an inspiration to us all, Uncle Dave, and I truly appreciate everything that you have done for my family!

George...The keyboard is set up on the stand that you sent me, it is awesome! Plus, the microphone is on the fancy microphone stand that you sent me...I really want you to know that the keyboard stand and accessories really add A LOT to the entire home studio! I cannot believe that you took the time out to ship it to us for free, thank you George! I hope that your store is even more successful, I would recommend your store to anyone here on the SynthZone! George is the guy to buy from if looking into a musical product! I really love the keyboard stand, it is really sturdy and the PSR740 fits absolutely perfect on it! Again, thanks George for everything!

Vic01...what you said really touched my heart! That verse that you posted out described exactly how I felt. When everything finally came together and my 'longing was fulfilled' - just as the Bible put it - I felt as if I had the key of life! God had showed my family and me His true love - and the wonderful contributors who worked God's miracles showed me that there were still those who share in God's miracles! And what you said about God giving me my music and just letting Him do the rest really impacted me! I have always said that exact same thing...to just trust in God and let the music come to you! I am so amazed at how similar those words were spoken compared to mine!

Tony...you are right, this is proof of God's existence! Many people will ask the questions of how could God be real if we cannot see him. Well, I like to think of it this way: Can you see love? No, but you know that it is there right? How about sadness or other feelings, can you see those? No, but since we cannot describe them or give them an exact physical form that they obviously do not have, how do we know if they even exist? We know and believe that they are real...and we know that God is real, without question, even though we cannot see Him. And, when miracles like this happen, it validates what I just said!

Scott...I am glad that my post really 'came thru' to you - just as you put it! I realize that you have encountered many bugs with your new PSR2000, but I hope that my experience really shows you what Yamaha is really about! They have given me the chance to actually compose my music and I will do good with the wonderful gifts that I have received. I know that what I am saying will not fix your bugs on the PSR2000, but, remember, some people do not even have a keyboard...and I used to be one of them! But now, by the miracle of God, I have an awesome keyboard with accessories and an entire studio setup! I thank God everytime I wake up to this world of music and I truly realize how fortunate I am! But I hope everything turns out ok with your PSR2000! Also, don't worry, I'll share my music with you! I know that you have been wanting to hear it - and now, can you believe it?! I can actually compose my music and share it with you! This is so cool!!! I actually have a keyboard now, this is a miracle! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

Eddie...thanks for the compliments! I am so glad that my family's story has actually been acknowledged by the people here on SynthZone...I admit it, we have been through a lot! And, that is why I keep on mentioning God, because He was the only One Who was there for my family during those rough times! We stuck together and now, we have this wonderful community full of special people! We'll be sure to take some pictures of our studio setup and share them with you when we find the time! Through our music, we really want to spread a good message and give people hope by showing them the truth! Again, thanks for the compliments Eddie!

Brian...thanks for the comments! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] What you said about honoring God and everything else will fall into place is so true! My Mom has always taught me to love God and live for my family, and then everything else will fall into place! That is amazing that you would say such a true statement, I completely agree with what you said! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img] I will honor God and stick by my family...and I will be sure to enjoy the days that lie ahead and cherish every one of them!

Jedi...I understand the reason why you did not contribute...that is ok! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img] I remembered when you joined, it wasn't that long ago! I am glad that you are a part of this community, Jedi, and I know that you have contributed and helped in many ways! Many people that did not contribute with money contributed in many other ways. That is, they expressed their feelings towards my family's story, they gave me valuable advice from their years of experience in the music industry, and, most importantly, they have given me a loving atmosphere here at SynthZone! See? In many ways, you did contribute and you obviously care. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] At first, just like you, I was skeptical. I was a little worried that this all wasn't even real, but when I talked to Uncle Dave over the phone and the accessories finally arrived, I knew it was real! So, thanks for the comments Jedi, I really appreciate it!

SK880...Like you pointed out, I am just amazed at how much of a connection we all have here at SynthZone! This place feels like one big, happy family and I am glad that I am a part of it! You are right, this is a place where people know each other on a personal level. I remember when I first joined here, many people mentioned that they had talked to each other over the phone and even met each other in person. I always thought the internet was a 'dangerous' place (which sometimes it is), but now, this community has showed me how the internet can be a place of true relationships! Of course, since this is the internet, at first glance, many people may just assume that this is a regular forum...But if they stay long enough, they will see that we do truly have a connection between each other! I had know idea that when I joined this forum that I would get to know all of you as friends! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] Also, since our communication over the internet is kind of limited, please do not feel guilty since you did not know that I did not have a keyboard. It is not your fault - just as I understand Jedi's skepticism, I understand how you feel as well! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img] I am shocked that the people who contributed, which I barely knew, actually trusted me enough to go ahead and help a person in need. Keep in mind, this is the internet...so people could be falsely representing themselves as someone else. So, that is another reason why that this is truly a miracle and that it all came together so perfectly!

Simon...yes, your website is truly amazing! Your website is superb...it if full of tons of content and it has a very good graphical design as well! I visit your site often and I really enjoy browsing around all of the stuff you have there! The effort that you put into that site is obvious when visiting there! The audio demos really give the visitors insight of what Yamaha really offers! Before I 'miraculously' got the PSR740, I was amazed at how real the instruments on the PSR740 sounded on your website! But, now that I actually have it - which is a miracle [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img] - it sounds even better! I'll try to contact you when you find the time and let you know about everything! Also, when I get the chance, I will be sure to share my music with all the people here at SynthZone! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

Arthur...I really enjoyed reading your comments. Thanks for the compliments, that was really nice of you! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] This does truly show that the world is still full of loving people...but what it also shows is that these loving people were willing to work in unity in order to help someone in need!!! God has shown me true love and given me the opportunity to know such wonderful people, He truly does work in mysterious ways, doesn't He? [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] I love God and I will always trust in Him, just as you said!

RicRob...you made a very good point in your post! I dreamed of a keyboard for what seemed forever, and now that I have it, I thank God everyday I wake up - because I realize the opportunity that I have waiting for me everyday!!! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img] And, music is part of my dreams...I have been dreaming about this moment for a long time and I honestly am speechless that I have this wonderful opportunity given from such special people! We have been having so much fun with this new equipment...Our main goal is not fame. If we could reach just one person, we would be satisfied! We want to spread a good message and give hope to people by showing them the truth through our music! Don't worry, we will use this gift wisely and for God! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img]

Well, see you all around! Sorry if I did not reply to some people - there were so many of you to reply to! You all are so wonderful...I'll tell you more about our experiences with the home studio later when I find the time! Thank you all for the replies and for everything that you have done for me...I cannot say thanks enough to truly express how I feel about everything that everyone has done for my family!

See you around on the forums and have a nice day everybody,
Ryan [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#187694 - 03/20/02 08:17 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
jedi Offline

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for understanding, and I`m sure that I speak for a lot of people here when I say "you seem like a true and honest young man, and your love of music will only add to your character" best of luck (again) ,,, now let`s hear some music
jedi

#187695 - 03/21/02 02:52 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
BlueSuede Offline

Well - if this lovely and amazing story is an absolute proof of Gods existens might be another discussion. (I don´t want to spoil the party... ) It´s anyhow an inevitably proof of the existens of good, caring and generous people!

When I was a kid, one of my heroes was the man from UNCLE. I wonder if he is related to any uncles here on synthzone?

All the best wishes to You and your family, Ryan. And good luck with your composing.

And all the best wishes to everyone on this remarkable zone. I already knew that the world is full of wonderful people - but I couldn´t imagine that so many of them were collected in one place!

Regards, Michael

#187696 - 03/21/02 03:47 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Ryan,

Thank you for your kind words and offer of support. I am doing fine and while its unfortunate, saying goodbye to the people we love, is part of life. Nothing could make me feel as good as this event that took place here.

Your a very lucky young man. You have refreshing moral convictions not often seen in a young person these days. I think we all can see that in your messages.

Again, thank you for your concerns and hope to be seeing you ask those darn keyboard questions soon!

Go play that keyboard! ha-ha

-Linda

#187697 - 03/21/02 04:29 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
Uncle Dave Offline

Man from U*N*C*L*E, hmmmmmmmmm

U nited
N etwork
C ommand for
L aw
E nforcement

I loved that show too ! Had the little badge, and ID card. (What a geek)
So, I grew up a little and joined the band (BIGGER geek)
Now, I play around with computers .....
AGGGGH ! I guess I'm doomed to "Geek-ville" forever !
(Shoulda nevva quit the football team!)

Check this UNCLE site out: http://members.aol.com/Wmkoenig/unclepg.htm

BTW - anyone remember what THRUSH (Uncle's ememy) stood for? Was that an acronym too?

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dave (edited 03-21-2002).]

#187698 - 03/24/02 01:13 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
ComposerRyan Offline

Thanks again for the replies everyone!

I know that many of you would like to see some photos as well as hear some music from me, I will try my best to get that out to you as soon as possible. Like Diosif, who is new here, pointed out in his first topic, musicians do have beautiful souls. And I want you to know that I think the exact same thing about you guys - in fact, I think about you all everyday!

Again, I'll try to take some pictures of our new studio setup! I think you deserve seeing what you have done for my family and me - and of course, you deserve to hear some music too! I'll let everyone know when I have pictures taken and music ready for everyone to hear!

Thanks everyone for everything that you have done for my family and me! We have been having so much fun with the awesome studio - the PSR740 is simply amazing! I know that I thank you all everytime I post out here on the synthzone - I cannot say thank you enough to truly express how I feel about what you have done!

I'll let you know how everything has been going with the awesome PSR740!!!...Until then, see you all around and enjoy your day!
Ryan

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#187699 - 03/25/02 01:47 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
BlueSuede Offline

And now to something compleatly different... (again!)

On the web page "The Fans From U.N.C.L.E."
I found this: "As for THRUSH, the name behind the acronym was never revealed in the series. One of the writers of the paperback U.N.C.L.E. novels, David McDaniel, came up with "The Technological Hierarchy for the Removal of Undesirables and the Subjugation of Humanity" in his book The Dagger Affair. It's probably as good a mouthful as any."

Regards, Michael

#187700 - 03/25/02 02:20 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
BlueSuede Offline

...and suddenly I became a member!

Regards, Michael

#187701 - 03/25/02 04:34 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
...another miracle of the UNCLE!

#187702 - 03/25/02 07:57 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
Uncle Dave Offline

....who love's ya, baby ?

#187703 - 03/28/02 02:01 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
Sjonesmusic Offline

Ryan,

What an amazing story!!!

This sounds like a beautiful group of people in here...

I had a similar experience...back in 1999, in a momentary lapse of focus, I ran over my guitar in front of my church, where I work as Music Director, only to find $900 in my mailbox, donated anonymously, later that weekend...I bought a new guitar with that money, and later that month a friend at church totally rebuilt my crushed guitar for free!!!

God is truly amazing...and every moment of my crazy and wonderful life attests to His Glory...!

My Testimony

Peace,

Scott Jones

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online