SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#187690 - 03/19/02 08:53 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
RicRob Offline

Loc: Bethlehem, PA, USA
To Shawn, Ryan, Robby, Ricky
What a wonderful event of this nature at such troubling times in our world. We hear so much about the evil in our midst and it was heartwarming to see Ryan's dream come true. Special thanks to Uncle Dave, George Kaye, Yamaha and many others who have supported this great venture.
Music is powerful, I've seen it's magic work in many situations.
Ryan and Robby, if music is part of your dreams, you now have the equipment, put your heart and efforts into making more dreams and magic come true not only for yourselves but for the world.
I am so happy for you and your family.
God bless you all, Shawn, Ryan, Robby, Ricky and this wonderful forum.
RicRob

#187691 - 03/20/02 03:28 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Ryan,

How wonderful! Good luck to you and your family and hope you enjoy your music for ever and ever!

To all of you here and then some:

Last ten months of my life have been quite difficult. All of you have made it easier for me to adjust. I was not left a rich widow but I couldn't get any richer than the friendship and caring I always see here. Just to let you know its a GOOD day for me today thanks to all your actions. Ryans good fortune makes everyone feel good!

Take care,

-Linda

#187692 - 03/20/02 06:42 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
This is truly awesome! And right before Easter too! As a "family" of musicians, please take this small gesture of humanity, and run with it. Run to your own families, your friends, and even to strangers. Run with the feeling that the world is full of goodness, if you only take time to notice. All the people of the world are "connected," and we, as musicians possess the universal language that bridges the gaps between the masses.
I was drawn to this project by a force created at THIS forum. The force of sharing, and compassion. The willingness to offer help, with NO paybacks.
Anyone that says "The Internet is evil" has never seen a site like this. There will always be skeptics and nonbelievers - but I am VERY thankful that I found this wonderful place. I visit every day, and I try to offer as much as I can. The other sections of this group do not compare with the level of humanity that we have here. From now on ....... the "General Arranger Keyboard Forum" is the only place for me!
Rock on Ryan ..... we're all with you, buddy!

#187693 - 03/20/02 07:05 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
ComposerRyan Offline

Hey everyone, thanks for the loving replies - that really means a lot to me!

I will never forget that special moment when we got that keyboard. Most of all, the people behind the miracles that took place that weekend are what made it truly unique and special. As I wrote my experience and posted out to the SynthZone, I really wanted to speak about God and what He has done for my family...I honestly wasn't sure what type of response I would get. And, I was so surprised when I checked back on my post and read the many agreements pertaining to God and His miracles! You all are wonderful...God has blessed me with wonderful people and I truly love this SynthZone community!!! Thank you all for giving me this community and providing me with a peaceful, loving atmosphere! I had no idea that by joining this forum community that I would get to know such wonderful friends as you guys - each and every one of you are truly special and you have honestly changed my perspective of this world!

I'll try to respond to as many people as I can...your comments really mean a lot to me and I truly enjoyed reading your replies! Thanks everyone!

Linda...you are truly a brave person for handling your situation so well. I had no idea that you had gone through such a tragedy recently...I cannot say that I truly understand your situation...since I have never really experienced anything like that before. Again, I am so sorry about your situation...just let me know if you need some support, we are all here for you Linda! I really want you to know that! You are a special person and everyone here really cares about you! My Mom, whose name is Shawn, is available and would really love to talk to you...you can e-mail me at: composerryancontact@yahoo.com and I can give you my Mom's e-mail so that you can talk to her! Just let me know if you want to talk, we are here for you Linda! I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts...and I am glad that you had a good day like you said in your reply!

Uncle Dave...you are a very inspirational person! I completely agree! Just as you said, we should focus on the goodness of this world and spread it to our families, our friends, and even to strangers. When this entire thing started, I remember that you said, "...psssst! I've been known to work miracles!" Well, you were right, Uncle Dave! You are a miracle worker, a miracle worker of God! I will follow in your footsteps Uncle Dave when I grow up...because I want to give people happiness and hope, just as you have done! You could have been doing something else with your time instead of helping me, Uncle Dave, but instead, you chose to take the time out and put this all together...and you have changed my life! You are an amazing guy, Uncle Dave! I also believe, just as you said, that the people of this world are connected. I felt a good 'force' on this forum too when I first joined and everyone has treated me so nice! I am amazed that you guys were willing to do this for my family and me and expect nothing in return, you all are a blessing to my family and me! And every time I sit down at the new PSR740, I know that you all are with me, just as you said! I think about you guys everyday and everytime I walk into our home studio, I keep you in mind! You are an inspiration to us all, Uncle Dave, and I truly appreciate everything that you have done for my family!

George...The keyboard is set up on the stand that you sent me, it is awesome! Plus, the microphone is on the fancy microphone stand that you sent me...I really want you to know that the keyboard stand and accessories really add A LOT to the entire home studio! I cannot believe that you took the time out to ship it to us for free, thank you George! I hope that your store is even more successful, I would recommend your store to anyone here on the SynthZone! George is the guy to buy from if looking into a musical product! I really love the keyboard stand, it is really sturdy and the PSR740 fits absolutely perfect on it! Again, thanks George for everything!

Vic01...what you said really touched my heart! That verse that you posted out described exactly how I felt. When everything finally came together and my 'longing was fulfilled' - just as the Bible put it - I felt as if I had the key of life! God had showed my family and me His true love - and the wonderful contributors who worked God's miracles showed me that there were still those who share in God's miracles! And what you said about God giving me my music and just letting Him do the rest really impacted me! I have always said that exact same thing...to just trust in God and let the music come to you! I am so amazed at how similar those words were spoken compared to mine!

Tony...you are right, this is proof of God's existence! Many people will ask the questions of how could God be real if we cannot see him. Well, I like to think of it this way: Can you see love? No, but you know that it is there right? How about sadness or other feelings, can you see those? No, but since we cannot describe them or give them an exact physical form that they obviously do not have, how do we know if they even exist? We know and believe that they are real...and we know that God is real, without question, even though we cannot see Him. And, when miracles like this happen, it validates what I just said!

Scott...I am glad that my post really 'came thru' to you - just as you put it! I realize that you have encountered many bugs with your new PSR2000, but I hope that my experience really shows you what Yamaha is really about! They have given me the chance to actually compose my music and I will do good with the wonderful gifts that I have received. I know that what I am saying will not fix your bugs on the PSR2000, but, remember, some people do not even have a keyboard...and I used to be one of them! But now, by the miracle of God, I have an awesome keyboard with accessories and an entire studio setup! I thank God everytime I wake up to this world of music and I truly realize how fortunate I am! But I hope everything turns out ok with your PSR2000! Also, don't worry, I'll share my music with you! I know that you have been wanting to hear it - and now, can you believe it?! I can actually compose my music and share it with you! This is so cool!!! I actually have a keyboard now, this is a miracle! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

Eddie...thanks for the compliments! I am so glad that my family's story has actually been acknowledged by the people here on SynthZone...I admit it, we have been through a lot! And, that is why I keep on mentioning God, because He was the only One Who was there for my family during those rough times! We stuck together and now, we have this wonderful community full of special people! We'll be sure to take some pictures of our studio setup and share them with you when we find the time! Through our music, we really want to spread a good message and give people hope by showing them the truth! Again, thanks for the compliments Eddie!

Brian...thanks for the comments! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] What you said about honoring God and everything else will fall into place is so true! My Mom has always taught me to love God and live for my family, and then everything else will fall into place! That is amazing that you would say such a true statement, I completely agree with what you said! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img] I will honor God and stick by my family...and I will be sure to enjoy the days that lie ahead and cherish every one of them!

Jedi...I understand the reason why you did not contribute...that is ok! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img] I remembered when you joined, it wasn't that long ago! I am glad that you are a part of this community, Jedi, and I know that you have contributed and helped in many ways! Many people that did not contribute with money contributed in many other ways. That is, they expressed their feelings towards my family's story, they gave me valuable advice from their years of experience in the music industry, and, most importantly, they have given me a loving atmosphere here at SynthZone! See? In many ways, you did contribute and you obviously care. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] At first, just like you, I was skeptical. I was a little worried that this all wasn't even real, but when I talked to Uncle Dave over the phone and the accessories finally arrived, I knew it was real! So, thanks for the comments Jedi, I really appreciate it!

SK880...Like you pointed out, I am just amazed at how much of a connection we all have here at SynthZone! This place feels like one big, happy family and I am glad that I am a part of it! You are right, this is a place where people know each other on a personal level. I remember when I first joined here, many people mentioned that they had talked to each other over the phone and even met each other in person. I always thought the internet was a 'dangerous' place (which sometimes it is), but now, this community has showed me how the internet can be a place of true relationships! Of course, since this is the internet, at first glance, many people may just assume that this is a regular forum...But if they stay long enough, they will see that we do truly have a connection between each other! I had know idea that when I joined this forum that I would get to know all of you as friends! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] Also, since our communication over the internet is kind of limited, please do not feel guilty since you did not know that I did not have a keyboard. It is not your fault - just as I understand Jedi's skepticism, I understand how you feel as well! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img] I am shocked that the people who contributed, which I barely knew, actually trusted me enough to go ahead and help a person in need. Keep in mind, this is the internet...so people could be falsely representing themselves as someone else. So, that is another reason why that this is truly a miracle and that it all came together so perfectly!

Simon...yes, your website is truly amazing! Your website is superb...it if full of tons of content and it has a very good graphical design as well! I visit your site often and I really enjoy browsing around all of the stuff you have there! The effort that you put into that site is obvious when visiting there! The audio demos really give the visitors insight of what Yamaha really offers! Before I 'miraculously' got the PSR740, I was amazed at how real the instruments on the PSR740 sounded on your website! But, now that I actually have it - which is a miracle [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img] - it sounds even better! I'll try to contact you when you find the time and let you know about everything! Also, when I get the chance, I will be sure to share my music with all the people here at SynthZone! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

Arthur...I really enjoyed reading your comments. Thanks for the compliments, that was really nice of you! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] This does truly show that the world is still full of loving people...but what it also shows is that these loving people were willing to work in unity in order to help someone in need!!! God has shown me true love and given me the opportunity to know such wonderful people, He truly does work in mysterious ways, doesn't He? [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] I love God and I will always trust in Him, just as you said!

RicRob...you made a very good point in your post! I dreamed of a keyboard for what seemed forever, and now that I have it, I thank God everyday I wake up - because I realize the opportunity that I have waiting for me everyday!!! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img] And, music is part of my dreams...I have been dreaming about this moment for a long time and I honestly am speechless that I have this wonderful opportunity given from such special people! We have been having so much fun with this new equipment...Our main goal is not fame. If we could reach just one person, we would be satisfied! We want to spread a good message and give hope to people by showing them the truth through our music! Don't worry, we will use this gift wisely and for God! [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img]

Well, see you all around! Sorry if I did not reply to some people - there were so many of you to reply to! You all are so wonderful...I'll tell you more about our experiences with the home studio later when I find the time! Thank you all for the replies and for everything that you have done for me...I cannot say thanks enough to truly express how I feel about everything that everyone has done for my family!

See you around on the forums and have a nice day everybody,
Ryan [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#187694 - 03/20/02 08:17 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Ryan,
Thanks for understanding, and I`m sure that I speak for a lot of people here when I say "you seem like a true and honest young man, and your love of music will only add to your character" best of luck (again) ,,, now let`s hear some music
jedi

#187695 - 03/21/02 02:52 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
BlueSuede Offline

Well - if this lovely and amazing story is an absolute proof of Gods existens might be another discussion. (I donīt want to spoil the party... ) Itīs anyhow an inevitably proof of the existens of good, caring and generous people!

When I was a kid, one of my heroes was the man from UNCLE. I wonder if he is related to any uncles here on synthzone?

All the best wishes to You and your family, Ryan. And good luck with your composing.

And all the best wishes to everyone on this remarkable zone. I already knew that the world is full of wonderful people - but I couldnīt imagine that so many of them were collected in one place!

Regards, Michael

#187696 - 03/21/02 03:47 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
Ryan,

Thank you for your kind words and offer of support. I am doing fine and while its unfortunate, saying goodbye to the people we love, is part of life. Nothing could make me feel as good as this event that took place here.

Your a very lucky young man. You have refreshing moral convictions not often seen in a young person these days. I think we all can see that in your messages.

Again, thank you for your concerns and hope to be seeing you ask those darn keyboard questions soon!

Go play that keyboard! ha-ha

-Linda

#187697 - 03/21/02 04:29 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Man from U*N*C*L*E, hmmmmmmmmm

U nited
N etwork
C ommand for
L aw
E nforcement

I loved that show too ! Had the little badge, and ID card. (What a geek)
So, I grew up a little and joined the band (BIGGER geek)
Now, I play around with computers .....
AGGGGH ! I guess I'm doomed to "Geek-ville" forever !
(Shoulda nevva quit the football team!)

Check this UNCLE site out: http://members.aol.com/Wmkoenig/unclepg.htm

BTW - anyone remember what THRUSH (Uncle's ememy) stood for? Was that an acronym too?

[This message has been edited by Uncle Dave (edited 03-21-2002).]

#187698 - 03/24/02 01:13 PM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
ComposerRyan Offline

Thanks again for the replies everyone!

I know that many of you would like to see some photos as well as hear some music from me, I will try my best to get that out to you as soon as possible. Like Diosif, who is new here, pointed out in his first topic, musicians do have beautiful souls. And I want you to know that I think the exact same thing about you guys - in fact, I think about you all everyday!

Again, I'll try to take some pictures of our new studio setup! I think you deserve seeing what you have done for my family and me - and of course, you deserve to hear some music too! I'll let everyone know when I have pictures taken and music ready for everyone to hear!

Thanks everyone for everything that you have done for my family and me! We have been having so much fun with the awesome studio - the PSR740 is simply amazing! I know that I thank you all everytime I post out here on the synthzone - I cannot say thank you enough to truly express how I feel about what you have done!

I'll let you know how everything has been going with the awesome PSR740!!!...Until then, see you all around and enjoy your day!
Ryan

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#187699 - 03/25/02 01:47 AM Re: THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE!
BlueSuede Offline

And now to something compleatly different... (again!)

On the web page "The Fans From U.N.C.L.E."
I found this: "As for THRUSH, the name behind the acronym was never revealed in the series. One of the writers of the paperback U.N.C.L.E. novels, David McDaniel, came up with "The Technological Hierarchy for the Removal of Undesirables and the Subjugation of Humanity" in his book The Dagger Affair. It's probably as good a mouthful as any."

Regards, Michael

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online