SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#187584 - 10/12/05 05:59 PM Re: Korg PA1Xpro vs Tyros II
oleg7 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Tonemaster, if the use of styles is very important to you, then you must audition the Korg by yourself and see if you are happy with the fills and short endings (or the lack of short endings). If you are happy with those, then I think that Korg is a great pro keyboard that is worth bying and it has some features that are superior to Tyros (e.g. ability to trigger program changes on external modules while playing style parts , MP3 player, etc). Sounds are subjective... But, if you feel like the styles are not very user friendly and a lot of additional programming will be needed, then Korg is not for you. One thing about Yamaha styles is that even if they do not always have a "live" feel, the fills transition very smoothly and ALL styles have a short ending, so you can end the song quickly. Korg does a great job on their new styles. They have a better "live band" sound IMO. I just wish that they cleaned up all the styles and programmed the short endings as well. Good luck.

#187585 - 10/12/05 07:22 PM Re: Korg PA1Xpro vs Tyros II
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
At this time, The T2 is only available in select areas around the World. This makes it a little hard to compare it to anything, don't you think?
Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#187586 - 10/12/05 07:56 PM Re: Korg PA1Xpro vs Tyros II
ToneMaster Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Thank you all for your insightful information.

I have actually played the PA1xpro and I thought the sounds were good however the styles/fills didn't blow me away, for $3,500. When I heard the Tyros2 sounds/styles from the net, I was amazed at the realism of the sounds, especialy the ones using the articulation technology. Not much on the pianos though, which I primarily use. Any improvement from the original Typos?

Not to throw another wrinkle in this, but back in the summer, after searching high and low for a music store that had a Roland G70 to try out, I finally found one and drove 2 hours to play it. Again, I wasn't blow away with the sound quality - in addition, the Roland rep was new to the keyboard and was not able to trully demonstrate it to its full potential. They were trying to sell it for about $5,000.

Bottom line - I want a high quality keyboard that is easy to use and I don't have to spend countless hours tweaking to get just the right sound/style; for me, that's not why I would pay over $3,000 for a keyboard. If I'm paying this much, it better sing too.

I play with a church band - various types of songs/styles, and often depend on the arranger as the other band members don't always show up. I need something I can learn quickly as I can't afford any downtime. I'm hoping that going from my current Yamaha PSR-740 to the Tyros2 will not require a huge learning curve.

Can anyone please tell me if the Tyros2 has the power supply inside, or is it external, like some of the lower models (PSR-740)?

Thanks.

#187587 - 10/12/05 08:07 PM Re: Korg PA1Xpro vs Tyros II
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by ToneMaster:
Can anyone please tell me if the Tyros2 has the power supply inside, or is it external?

Internal. - Scott

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online