SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#187515 - 11/03/05 05:54 PM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
ccdmax Offline

Loc: South Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
I was in a GC store today and they had a PA1X pro,on display I found it to be a nice board! I couldn't spend much time in the store exploring the board so it was kind of quick once over. I've never owned a Korg, but I found the the OS easy enough to use. I liked the key feel and of course having 76 keys is a real plus...

Stephen thank you and...
yes the key feel is awesome... I feel right at home. The fact is that the keys feel so natural to me, I have already noticed that I can "dance" on the them like never before (well you know what I mean )

It is a real pleasure to play it and like you said... 76 keys ...

ahhhh life is good

cheers,

------------------
Yamaha PSR9000, PSR730, Korg PA1X Pro, Karma, X5D, Yamaha Tyros2 on it's way smile

#187516 - 11/04/05 04:48 AM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
dschultze Offline

Loc: UK
Hi ccdmax,

Congratulations on your PA1X Pro. I know the feeling. I've had mine only for a couple of weeks too and I love it. Only downside is finding enough time to play it - if only we could get some longer days.

David.

#187517 - 11/04/05 05:18 AM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
Clif Anderson Offline

I liked this instrument, but there was one problem for my purposes: you have to choose between a mike input and aux inputs, and I would like to be able to use both at the same time, e.g., use the vocal harmonizer and an external sound source, mixing both with the internal sounds. I hope they give us separate aux and mike outputs next time around.

#187518 - 11/04/05 07:44 AM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
ccdmax Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Clif Anderson:
I liked this instrument, but there was one problem for my purposes: you have to choose between a mike input and aux inputs, and I would like to be able to use both at the same time...

hmm I didn't even noticed that..., however I'm going with my setup through a laptop with E-MU 1616m running the show... so I don't think it's a big deal for me.
... but it would be nice if the keyboard would allow us to run both.

dschultze,
thank you and I know exactly what you mean ... I wish I wouldn't have to work so much
but... one of the good sides about me working is... I can go and search the net for all the styles and enhancements for my new toy
I'm on the mission to find all the german and ballad styles I can get my hands on

cheers,

ccdmax

------------------
Yamaha PSR9000, PSR730, Korg PA1X Pro, Karma, X5D, Yamaha Tyros2 on it's way smile

#187519 - 11/04/05 12:49 PM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
dschultze Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Clif,

I might be wrong because I haven't tested this yet but my understanding is that you can use both - you can connect a mic to the XLR input and something else to the AUX in.

You only use up the AUX in socket if you connect a mic using a standard jack plug. At lease that's the routing that the manual suggests.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

David.

#187520 - 11/06/05 07:42 AM Re: My new PA1X Pro is in the house!!
ccdmax Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dschultze:

...I might be wrong because I haven't tested this yet but my understanding is that you can use both - you can connect a mic to the XLR input and something else to the AUX in.

You only use up the AUX in socket if you connect a mic using a standard jack plug. At lease that's the routing that the manual suggests.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

David.

I will test it as soon as my external phantom power supply for my AT4040 arrives.

I would assume that this works exactly as you have suggested David.

I'll keep you guys posted.

cheers,

ccdmax

------------------

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online