SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18731 - 11/02/98 01:25 PM Korg T2
Ark Offline

Loc: Singapore
Hi,
I'm new to the synworld and considering to buy a 2nd hd T2. I really like the piano sounds of 01/W but the T2 sounds not quite there. Seller claims its jst the speakers, need experts out there to advise if this is true & if this is worth the buy? Even so, can the sounds be downloaded from 01/w? Thanks.

Gary

#18732 - 11/15/98 07:59 PM Re: Korg T2
vyper Offline

Loc: Lancaster, CA USA
I have a T3 (which is nothing more than the 61 key version of a T2) I've worked a lot with the 01-W and am familiar with both board's sounds. Basically, your question depends on which version of the T2 you're looking at. The "EX" versions allow you to load PCM waves from the disk, in which case if you don't like the built in piano samples, you can simply find others that sound more suitable to you. As for whether the T's piano samples sound better than the 01/w, the o1/W has a cleaner sound overall, but if you're not happy with the piano samples in that board... tough, that's all ya got. If piano samples are crucial to you and you already have a midi keyboard, look for someone selling an SG1 rack module, the piano, and E. piano sounds in that module are killer!

James Ely
vyper@aloha.net

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online