SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#187037 - 05/05/02 08:53 AM Another Santana song
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I have just recorded another Santana song: "Guajira", from their third album. The starting point was the style with the same name on my SD1; since now I know this keyboard better, I have been able to use some of its sounds (Golden Trumpet, Trombone, Tijuana Brass, Rock B3) and only towards the end I switched to my VA7, to add a few more brass and of course the guitar solo.
A curiosity: since, like in "Samba de Orfeu", there was a strong contrast between the "lush" horn arrangement and the "skinny" ending played by the SD1, I added a few more brass tracks, dubbing the notes played by the SD1. All in all, it took me quite some work and I hope you will enjoy it.
I would like to dedicate this song to Donny Pesce (DNJ); he once wrote that his dream was to play timbales in Tito Puente's orchestra: well, Donny, this could be the song for you.
Andrea
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html

#187038 - 05/05/02 09:13 AM Re: Another Santana song
Dnj Offline

Excellent!! very well done keep it up!! the lead guitar really brings it together Just like Carlos would play it!!

thanx

#187039 - 05/05/02 11:30 AM Re: Another Santana song
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Andrea,

Great song, one of my favorites

I enjoyed both Organ & Guitar solo a lot.
You really getting the hang of it...

Thanks for a great tune. BTW the Guitar that you use, is it a Carlos guitar?

Eric

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online