SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18701 - 05/06/99 08:23 PM need info on poly 800, plz
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have recieved a korg poly 800 from a friend. it has been in storage for atleast the latest 15 years, the only thing i know of it is that my friend couldnt get any sound out of it when she tried to play on it some days ago. her guess is that the internal batteries for the patches has ran out of juice half a decade ago...

what i do need to know is, if it is hard to change these batteries? or could there bee some other problem with it? all i know is that it was functional when it was stored, many years ago. i have no manual or anything like that.

thanks
orphan

#18702 - 05/08/99 09:01 PM Re: need info on poly 800, plz
Mike Nelson Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove,MN,USA
Orphan,
It really does seem that the problem is the little battery inside the case. How brave are you? If you take the case apart you will see it on the board, a largish watch battery held in place much like it would be in a watch, and the same delicacy required to remove it. I would go to the expense and take it somewhere to have it done BUT FIRST make a simple program (sadly there's no default pgm stored in it)to make sure nothing else is wrong:

FIRST check the 3 switches on the back, they should all be DISABLE;then press PROG/PARA and 2 more pairs of digits will appear. Select parms with the keypad&adjust them with the up/downs.
1) any one of #13-16 = 1
2) DCO 1 level (#17) =31
3) VCF cutoff (#41?)=about 49
4) DEG1 brkpt (#53?) =31
5) DEG1 sustain(#55?) =31
I don't rem all the parm#s cos I've got a mkII instead- but you should get sound which will vanish when you turn the power off.When you get the new batt. look for patchbanks, they're around. In the US try Kid Nepro in N.Y.C. www.kidnepro.com Enjoy the Poly,you've got a good friend.mn

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online