SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#186903 - 02/18/05 07:22 PM Re: Steve Deming????? Need your Help!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Riceroni9,
That's actually what I was doing in the beginning. I did the same thing as you by placing a headphone adapter in the headphone jack to cut off the internal speakers while using external speakers.. However here's where I ran into a problem with that.

The majority of the noise I heard from my 2000's speakers came from the tweeters. Ther first speaker set I used was a PC speaker system. It was two satalite speakers with a 25 watt subwoofer. The satalites do not have tweeters. So this noise was greatly reduced. However I compromised sound big time without having the tweeters (it just didn't sound the same). I then hooked up the board to my stereo system. My stereo has 50 watt speakers with woofer, mid, and tweeters. Using those speakers the noise was back because of the tweeters in the cabinets.

So I've hit a wall on this. I bought a AC line filter that didn't solve the problem. I then bought an inexpensive adapter that would allow me to bypass my homes grounding, and that didn't work either.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#186904 - 02/18/05 10:41 PM Re: Steve Deming????? Need your Help!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Squeak,
there's so many threads running you might have already answered this. May be a bit of a dumb question, but did you actually unplug everything in the house ( not just switch off) and see if it still did it ?

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#186905 - 02/19/05 04:43 AM Re: Steve Deming????? Need your Help!
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
Squeak:

It is possible the fix would not be so expensive. I recently had my Tyros serviced at a dealer about 2 hours away. They found some bad solder joints that required dismantling the entire instrument. The repair was $75 without shipping. If it is just an open ground, it might be trivial for a qualified tech to do.

I suggest you contact Steve D and ask him what he suggests (local service person or the factory). He was very helpful in my situation.

Michael

#186906 - 02/19/05 05:37 AM Re: Steve Deming????? Need your Help!
squeak_D Offline

I think that' what I'm going to do. I'll contact Steve on Monday, and find out who my closest qualified dealer is. I did a check and found one that's a shop I never heard of. It's 30 miles from where I live. However, I have no idea what these people will charge.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#186907 - 02/19/05 07:17 AM Re: Steve Deming????? Need your Help!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Squeak,

While I'm confident the problem you are experiencing is strictly related to problems generated within your condo, and I know the board was in brand-new conditions when shipped, I would hate to see you spend lots of time and money to try to resolve the problem. Therefore, please repack the keyboard, have it fully insured and ship it back via Federal Express. Upon reciept of the keyboard, that hopefully will not be crushed during shipment, the full amount will be refunded.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#186908 - 02/19/05 08:13 AM Re: Steve Deming????? Need your Help!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gary,
May I say that's an honorable offer to make, but no more than I would expect of you.
Still I feel there must be another solution. Wish I knew what it was.
DonM

#186909 - 02/19/05 09:21 AM Re: Steve Deming????? Need your Help!
HankB Offline

Loc: Bossier City, La. USA
I second Don’s remarks about Gary. I must say my psr2000 is very durable, it was dropped several times and had 2 or 3 vodka & sodas pored in it but always functioned properly after it was turned upside down and drained. It still works and I will keep it till it dies then give it a proper burial.

#186910 - 02/19/05 09:27 AM Re: Steve Deming????? Need your Help!
squeak_D Offline

Gary,
You are without a doubt the most noble and honorable person I've ever done business with. I'm running another test this afternoon. My wife's mother (just like her grandparents), live about 2 miles away. I'm going to pack the 2000 in the box (to keep it safe) run it down to her house and plug it in. I'm hoping (truly hoping) I won't experience the problem there. I'm absolutely loving this PSR-2000. I manged to get a clean spot last night, and MAN I HAD A BLAST!.. I recorded a song using the sweet saprano with a hip hop beat and ooohhhhh baby one hell of a slow jam! Again, thanks for your great offer and I'll keep you posted.

Squeak

#186911 - 02/19/05 09:30 AM Re: Steve Deming????? Need your Help!
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
One more Idea:
My 9000 keyboard will do exactly the same thing, if I extend the treble on mic setting way high, with the volume way up????

You may have already checked this, if its doing this with no mic plugged in possible mic jack is not grounding out when unplugged(maybe got bent) there by becoming a open cord thats getting amplified......??????

Edit:: Not sure what kind of plug the 2000 has, but if its a 1/4 phone and next to a 1/4 stereo headphone jack, plugging in a stereo jack by mistake into the mono mic jack can bend the grounding arm.....

------------------
Support the arts
FEED a Musician
Cheers....Pose

[This message has been edited by loungelyzard (edited 02-19-2005).]

#186912 - 02/19/05 10:24 AM Re: Steve Deming????? Need your Help!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by HankB:
I second Don’s remarks about Gary. I must say my psr2000 is very durable, it was dropped several times and had 2 or 3 vodka & sodas pored in it but always functioned properly after it was turned upside down and drained. It still works and I will keep it till it dies then give it a proper burial.

You can't keep it til it dies, because it is in my garage. I slip it a martini once a week so it doesn't feel neglected.
DonM

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online