SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#186588 - 06/01/06 03:48 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
MagicAlfa,

Everyone (almost everyone) on this board has had a very open mind regarding the Lionstracs product and concept. We have all watched it develop and have asked very specific questions regarding it's practicality and usage during a live performance. Combined with the bad experiences of a few of our members, the reviews just do not give us the confidence in this product in both quality and sound worthiness. Perhaps the main issue is with reliability.

When you are on stage entertaining an audience, you must have a non-stop, no-nonsense keyboard at your fingertips allowing you to concentrate on the show, not on the mechanics of performing. The experience between keyboard and performer must be seamless on stage. This is where Roland, Korg, Yamaha, and others really excel. They have mastered the ergonomics of the performer.

From the demo's I've seen and user reports, Lionstracs operation seems much more convoluted and disjointed performing on stage.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#186589 - 06/01/06 04:08 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Magica Alfa Offline

Open source is at home to prepare sounds. You can select only one tip and works. You are having possibility with touch screen or with key. (Your choice)

If you are having time you can come on first performance to me and you will see that this is possible. One touches all works without problem.

I need only collogues who are having experience to help me also. I want only good keyboard.
Once more thanks all for replay on this forum. I thing is really interesting to meet you and listen your side of stories.

#186590 - 06/01/06 04:31 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 04-11-2007).]

#186591 - 06/01/06 05:12 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Domenik
Nice to know you still keeping in touch, I thought you might have left for good.
The demo itself shows what can be achieved with an open type keyboard, and I would suggest that you go through some of the other older demos on your site and clear them out, as they do not show off the Mediastation to its full potential.
As far as I am aware you still do not have a presence in the UK, and as yet never featured at any of the Festivals, which I think would benefit you, by allowing people to compare your product with others, and thus see and hear the benefits of an open keyboard, I know Wersi always go down well at the Festivals, and that is why I play one of their OAS instruments. (I have previously used both Hardware and Software based systems)
I hope you consider some of the above, and continue to develop the Mediastation.
Regards

Bill

#186592 - 06/01/06 05:30 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Magica Alfa Offline

Thanks that to all.
I know what I'm having and I can tell that this is good thing.

If it is somebody who are having same keyboard or may be new concept of NI KONTAK or some instructions please tell me.

#186593 - 06/01/06 05:49 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I started bad posting lmao, I posted the answers to what people were asking in their questions to me. I have also said that you were great in giving me a full refund as well on numerous occasions, although you did originally want me to pay for the return postage at my own expense which I thought was disgusting at the time.
You didn't mention on your post above that you put the wrong PSU in my Mediastation either. You told me that what you put inside was not correct for the UK voltage. The USB ports also didn't work along with loads of other faults like the main jack outputs so I think there was far more to it than some faulty flash dimm.
Without going into any more discussions you simply sold me a bag of tripe that wasn't even ready to be marketed. It was like using me as some sort of guinea pig.
Anyway Dom it's nice to see that you have sold more Mediastations since my postings, no doubt to Lebanon again.

#186594 - 06/01/06 06:30 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello All
Reading some of the posts, I think some people misunderstand what an open keyboard is about, and hopefully my explanation will make it clearer.
In its basic form it is a keyboard that is not tied to any one manufacture, and allows the user to use whatever type of sounds or instruments they require.
Previously this could only be achieved using a fixed computer in a studio, using various different samples and Virtual instruments, (VST) with the increase in computing power this can now also be done live, by using a laptop.
The downside to this is the fact that it takes a lot to set up, and has a very steep learning curve, which of course puts most people off.
The Hardware Arranger however is a lot easier to set up, with a much easier learning curve.
The downside to this is the fact that it has to use what the manufacture makes for it, or connect to external modules or a computer, to get something different.
The most versatile electronic box today, (And has been for some time) is the computer, which because of its modular design means that any software that is released can be used on it.
The downside? Is that as software gets more sophisticated so does the computer hardware that is required to run it, however, due to the modular construction, you only need to upgrade the parts that are required to run the new software, and not have to change the whole computer.
The open keyboard combines the advantages of both computer and hardware arranger in one box, so that it can be played straight out of the box, just like any other arranger keyboard.
To make this even easier the manufactures include there own software sounds and styles etc, so that you do not have to start buying other software sounds/instruments straight away. Whether you like the sounds or not is entirely personal, just like some people prefer Yamaha, others prefer Roland etc.
Once you have the open keyboard however, you can then start adding what ever you want, rather having what the manufacture says you should have. This gives you the advantage that you can just upgrade the software and hardware as required, without having to trade in your old instrument, which has the advantage of working out a lot cheaper as well.
I hope the above has cleared a few points up, and has allowed a better understanding.
Below I have included some links to sites, so that you can see what third party sounds and instruments are available for use on an open keyboard.
The most common samples are produced for Akai samplers, the S1000 -3000 series being the most popular, (Akai samplers first came to market in the late eighties) in recent years with more advanced computers, Giga samples have come to the fore, and so if you follow the link below, and select the above formats you will see what sounds are available, many with mp3 demos. http://www.timespace.com/index1.asp?ID=prosamples
As far as instruments go, here are 4 links to have a look at.
Hammond sound http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=b4ii_us
Piano sound http://www.steinberg.de/151_1.html
Orchestra sound http://www.steinberg.de/667+M52087573ab0.html
Guitar http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=BS-388
And for a compilation of sounds http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-164

Enjoy.

Bill

#186595 - 06/01/06 06:34 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Dominick,

Thanks for taking the time to post an update for the MS. It's very helpful to have insight into the progress of the product and the challenges you face. It's unfortunate a few bad experiences turn into ugly dialog, but I appreciate having your participation here and giving us frequent status updates. We are all very curious about your product and wish you well in it's success. Keep the information coming....

Al,

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#186596 - 06/01/06 07:52 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hi domenik
I m happy that you come back here.
I really want to have with you a private discussion about some projects
Is it possible?

Dan from France

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#186597 - 06/01/06 10:32 AM Re: New styles from LIONSTRACS MS X76
Magica Alfa Offline

Hi all,

First thanks for your replays.

I see that something is change from start of discussion. I can see that LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION X76 is interesting thing.

If will be more people like Domenik will be more opportunity to have new approach.

Thanks abacus for understanding me and what I want to tell you, but may be I did not explained you this very well.

Craig_UK thanks to giving me replays back.
But I think you don’t know where SLOVENIA is. We are in EU and not so far from you.

I wish LIONSTRACS that will be no.1 in the world and that they will have all over the world good and reliable distributors with will to sell good product and know to handle with it.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online