SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#186377 - 01/10/03 05:45 PM Checkout this Hand Truck for Gig Equipment Transport
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
A gigging musician buddy of mine recently recommended the portable ultra light weight (8 lb) collasible "SUPERLITE" model hand truck, which I have subsequently purchased. It holds up to 175 lbs, has LARGE wheels for smooth easy rolling, with an ultra wide base to easily hold my EV Sxa100s and gig bag of supplies. The terrific thing is that it instantly folds COMPLETELLY flat taking up virtually no space whatsover in the trunk of your car, yet will easily hold all (if not most) of your gig equipment. I purchased mine for $99 at a local music store. Check it out (pictured on the RIGHT side of the page):
http://www.pstco.com/superlite_cobra.htm

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 01-10-2003).]

#186378 - 01/10/03 07:05 PM Re: Checkout this Hand Truck for Gig Equipment Transport
Beakybird Offline

Hi Scott,

Congratulations on another cool music acquisition. That looks like a cool cart. I'm still using a luggage carrier I got at Walmart 4 years ago for $30. I like that this Superlite has a larger bottom. How easy is it to fold and unfold. One concern of mine, if I were to eventually buy one, is that with the snow and muck up here in Illinois, when I go to fold back the metal bottom, I'm going to get my hands filthy. Can you use this thing to haul your Tyros, your speakers, and your supplies, or do you have to make two trips?

Beakybird

#186379 - 01/10/03 07:30 PM Re: Checkout this Hand Truck for Gig Equipment Transport
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
I like that this Superlite has a larger bottom. How easy is it to fold and unfold.

Hi Larry. Yes the extra LARGE bottom is a real PLUS ! Folding up/closed the metal bottom really takes NO EFFORT at all. It requires 'so little' force that I can literally open/close it with just ONE finger. Though theoretically the SuperLite 'might' be able to transport my entire setup, I still plan to transport the Tyros separately in its own keyboard case (which also includes wheels & handle) and use the SuperLite for taking the EV PA speakers, Ultimate Support Speaker tripod stands & mic & kb stands, and a gig bag which holds the Tyros SubWoofer & satellite speakers, mic, cables, etc.

Donny, admittedly the larger truck you use is preferable for those larger gigs where MORE equipment is needed, but for the smaller gigs, I think the MUCH smaller & much lighter weight SUPERLITE fits the bill.

Scott

#186380 - 01/11/03 11:25 AM Re: Checkout this Hand Truck for Gig Equipment Transport
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Scott,

I have the same "superlite" hand truck and I'm very happy with it.
I got mine at a local music store too, but I saw a very similar version at Home Depot.
Just mention it for those who like to check it out.

Eric

#186381 - 01/11/03 07:36 PM Re: Checkout this Hand Truck for Gig Equipment Transport
rhumba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
How much is one of this thing cost? The Superlite? Thanks.

..rb

#186382 - 01/11/03 09:37 PM Re: Checkout this Hand Truck for Gig Equipment Transport
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi rhumba,

Scott already quoted a price in his post

Eric

#186383 - 01/12/03 10:52 AM Re: Checkout this Hand Truck for Gig Equipment Transport
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Now if this hand truck could be converted into a sturdy keyboard stand, we would really have the ultimate sytem.

Jerry

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online