Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#186349 - 01/06/03 10:43 AM Valter - PSR2000 Vocal Harmony Control
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Valter:
Hello everyone,
I need help. So, please someone try to find time to answer me. I recently bought keyboard Yamaha PSR-2000. This keyboard has vocal harmoniser built in. It works perfectly when I play live and sing. But vocal harmoniser doesn't work properly when I sing along with midi file song from floppy (in my keyboard).
Midi song simply doesn't give harmony information to vocal harmoniser I tried to do everything I knew but I didn't succeed. By the way I'm sort of beginner in this area.
So, please someone tell me what to do (how to set my keyboard).
Thanks

Valter,

You should have started a new thread. People are thinking your comparing the PSR2000 with those other keyboards.

To get the Vocal Harmony control on a song as you are looking for:
1. Press the [Mic Settings] button
2. Press the [E] button (left side of the display) to access Vocal Hamony Control.
3. USE the Up and Down buttons under the display beneath the song channel to choose a song track that has the chord information to drive the Harmony correctly.

Regards,

------------------
Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America

#186350 - 01/06/03 10:56 AM Re: Valter - PSR2000 Vocal Harmony Control
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Valter, just to add a little . . .I find many of the midis from the internet have the information on Track 1. You may have to try different Tracks until you find the correct one. Of course not all midi files have the vocal harmony information.
don

#186351 - 01/06/03 11:15 AM Re: Valter - PSR2000 Vocal Harmony Control
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Good point Steve. You have to realize though that the song has to actually have chord data in it for it to work. Many midi songs will not have any chord data in them. Of course this is already understood by you Steve but maybe not to the person who wrote the original post. I have found that if a song does not have chord data in it I can still achieve a pseudo harmony effect (basically a voice replication/echo effect) by selecting "KaraokPich" in the Vocal Harmony Panel Select. There are a few others VH types that will add a different effect, one being KaraokGirl. To get a true harmony effect though you do need the chord data in the song.

Best regards,
Mike

#186352 - 01/06/03 12:09 PM Re: Valter - PSR2000 Vocal Harmony Control
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Just to add another point... when I use a midi, I often play on top of it using my left hand to trigger the VH chords. In these cases, I will set up a special registration picking the voice(s) I want to play, the harmony I want, uncheck the Style Box, turn off accomp and save it under the same name that appears in the Song Window. In most all cases I will save one registration button with harmony and one without so I can switch at will.

I save both the song (midi) and the registrations I set up for each onto a disc so as not to clutter up my regular set ups.

Eddie

#186353 - 01/06/03 01:53 PM Re: Valter - PSR2000 Vocal Harmony Control
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I gave up trying to just use a midi file alone for the vocal harmony. I learn the chords play them softly in piano and the harmony works perfect. There's no telling where the chords are on a midi. It's much easier to play the chords along with the midi and it looks like your doing something anyway. Many in the audience think we're not playing anyway. I play at least piano chords on everything.

#186354 - 01/06/03 04:27 PM Re: Valter - PSR2000 Vocal Harmony Control
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
I posted a similar message on a yahoo psr2000 forum. I'm trying to control my vocalist vr off my psr2000. I can do it fine when playing live but I can't seem to get it to work with song playback. I record a "chord track" to trigger the vocalist vr and when I play the song back the vocalist doesn't respond. If I press function/midi/song then it will work but I loose the internal harmonizer. Unless I'm missing something, the method Steve Demming posted only applies to the internal harmonizer. I want to output a chord track to the vocalist vr through the midi out.

#186355 - 01/08/03 01:52 AM Re: Valter - PSR2000 Vocal Harmony Control
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Vic01: Cant you send out song tracks by adjusting the midi settings?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online