SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18634 - 11/15/98 08:21 PM Disk Format Needed!!
vyper Offline

Loc: Lancaster, CA USA
I'm interested in developing a program that will read and write T3/T2/T1 disks directly to the floppy drive. Does anyone know where I might find information on the way the T series keyboards format their disks? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

James Ely
vyper@aloha.net

#18635 - 11/15/98 10:25 PM Re: Disk Format Needed!!
WS Offline

I'm not sure what you are asking because are you talking about a T1 floppy drive or a PC floppy drive? A T1 disk would arleady work in your synth drive so I will assume you are talking about the PC. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, you are connected to your PC you can just use a SYSEX program which alot of music software already has. If it is like an earlier post where I tried to hellp someone, alot of music software will let you reformat in SAVE AS. Just check your sequence, ed./lib., editor, etc. software. Go to SAVE AS and it will give you different format options. For instance, in Cakewalk you can save as NORMAL, CAKEWALK 3.0, TEMPLATE, CAKEWALK BUNDLE. MIDI FORMAT 0, MIDI FORMAT 1, RIFF MIDI FORMAT 0, RIFF MIDI FORMAT 1. Alot of music software has the same type feature. Then you can save it to the correct format and use it in your synth. I don't know if this answers your question but this is how you reformat data to match your synth.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online