SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18619 - 12/05/99 10:33 AM M1 Questions...
J.Williams Offline

Loc: Ramstein, Germany
I have a few questions concerning my exM1R.
I would like to try importing different sounds into it, and I've gone to James Tubbritt's page to download all the necessary programs & sounds (thanks James!). My questions are:

1) How do I archive my present sounds so they don't get lost?

2) I've got 50 programs internal, 50 combi's, and 100 sounds on a rom card. Must I get rid of some of these to make room for the new sounds?

3) When I import the new sounds, are they stored in the internal memory, and then can I put them on the rom card?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Joel

#18620 - 12/08/99 04:02 PM Re: M1 Questions...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi James Tubbritt here.

Fist things first, I'm sorry to say but my Software Zone section of my site is closed forever. Long story.......

What you need to do is loadup the freeware program you downloaded on to your PC, connect the midi out in your M1 to your PC's midi "in", now on your M1 midi data dump the internal memory to your PC (note you need to click on receive on the program before you data dump). If you do this right the program should tell you all the sounds that are in your M1Rex. Then save the data to your hard disk.

To load data. Connect your Midi out on your PC to the "in" on the M1. Load up the sounds you downloaded into the freeware program. And click on send. Job done.

This will over write the 100/prog and combi sounds in your M1, giving you a new set. You can save your new sounds onto a ram card if you don't like to use the PC way. And so on.

I hope this helps you out.

#18621 - 12/11/99 11:58 AM Re: M1 Questions...
IanDouglas Offline

Loc: Kanata, Ontario, Canada
>then can I put them on the rom card?

ROM = Read-Only Memory

You won't be able to write the new sounds to a ROM card. If you have a battery-powered RAM card, then you can certainly use that.

Ian

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online