SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#186109 - 11/25/01 07:21 PM PSR2000 Bug???
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
There seems to be a problem with the Registration Memory saving the Fingering Mode. Uncle Dave brought this to my attention and I can't figure it out.
If you save a setup to Registration Memory with Fingered Mode selected, then change the Mode, recalling the Registration does not recall the Fingering Mode.
On my previous PSRs, you could save, for example, a memory with On Bass Fingered Mode, and the next with Full Keyboard and another with Single Finger. Recalling the registration memories recalled the Fingering Mode settings. It seems the 2000 will not do this, unless I am overlooking something.
(Not likely, as intelligent and informed as I am).
Has anyone else tried this? It is a really important feature. Or a really big boo-boo.
DonM

#186110 - 11/25/01 09:48 PM Re: PSR2000 Bug???
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
This is to confirm the conversation I had with DonM on the telephone and Uncle Dave by Instant Message:

I am able to SAVE the different fingering modes (full keyboard, fingered, fingered on bass, etc) in different registrations and then select different registration buttons and have the fingering modes switch correctly. This may work for a while, but then (out of nowhere), the fingering mode will lock up and 'not change at all' when different registration buttons (set to other fingering modes) are selected. At this same time (coincidently?), I notice that the LEFT part 'red indicator light' (sometimes) no longer changes to reflect the Registration Memory settings set for the LEFT part (on/off). So far, I've been able to correct these problems by simply rebooting the keyboard, but the problem seems to re-appear unpredicatably again later on.

It seems to me like this could be an OS bug which could be corrected via OS update. I hope other PSR2000 owners will check this out on their keyboards too and report back here.

- Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-25-2001).]

#186111 - 11/25/01 08:40 PM Re: PSR2000 Bug???
Beakybird Offline

Has Yamaha been contacted about the chord fingering bugs like B-C-E creating an A minor chord. This same problem exists at other intervals. And Bb-C plays a C minor chord.

Larry

#186112 - 11/26/01 03:37 AM Re: PSR2000 Bug???
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
DonM :
I need to back up and clarify what I said earlier in this thread. Earlier, I had thought (while testing with you on the telephone) that I was able to change 'registration memories' (each with different saved 'finger mode settings') and see the fingering modes change correctly. Upon further investigation, this ONLY works when the ACMP button (auto accompaniment) is switched OFF. When the ACMP button is turned ON, the Registsration Memory 'fingering mode' problem is exactly as you described. My apology for any confusion. In the meantime, I'll try to contact Yamaha today about this. I really hope that Yamaha will be able to include 'fingering mode settings' in Registration Memory.

BTW: I noticed that whenever I 'initally' turn on the PSR2000, that ACMP is always OFF (red status light off). Is this normal? I also noticed that the ACMP status (on/off) cannot be saved in Registration Memory either.

- Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online