SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#185972 - 02/04/01 06:05 AM PSR9000 OTS & turn on default questions?
MisterEd Offline

I have two questions that I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

1. When turning on the PSR9000, is there some way that I can change the voicing, stlyes, Volumes, etc., to different settings than what came with the keyboard?

2. On the OTS is there a way to turn them on without automatically turning on the sync/start function?

Whatever help you all can give would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
Ed

#185973 - 02/04/01 09:45 AM Re: PSR9000 OTS & turn on default questions?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Ed,
From the main page (I'm at home right now and not in front of my 9000 at my music store) there is an icon you will see at the upper left section of the screen that looks like a couple of musical notes. If you hit the function button associated with this icon the screen will prompt you to execute if you would like the keyboard to remember the way it is right now. If you have changed the way the song buttons are pointing to different folders of your hard drive, if you have one, this is where you will make it boot up this way everytime you turn on the keyboard. If you don't execute this command, it will come on the way it was set up from the factory. I'm not positive if this also works for other areas of memory, but try it and see what happens.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#185974 - 02/04/01 03:56 PM Re: PSR9000 OTS & turn on default questions?
MisterEd Offline

George,

Thanks for the help - I'll give it a try!

------------------
Ed

#185975 - 02/04/01 05:09 PM Re: PSR9000 OTS & turn on default questions?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Indeed it does work that way. But you also save the part settings to registration memory, in case you want different e.q. or effects, etc., on different songs.
DonM

#185976 - 02/05/01 03:07 AM Re: PSR9000 OTS & turn on default questions?
MisterEd Offline

Don & George,

How about the second question? Any way to have the Sync/start stay off when turning on one of the OTS buttons?

------------------
Ed

#185977 - 02/05/01 06:59 AM Re: PSR9000 OTS & turn on default questions?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Ed,
Again, I'm not at the store but what I remember is this. All of the one touch setting in the PSR9000 and Pro unlike other Yamaha keyboards can be changed to your liking. The one touch setting from the factory are all editable. If this is in fact what you wish to do then I would think that if you can change the voices, effects, etc. then you should also be able to turn the sync button off and then store the new settings to the one touch setting buttons. Remember to back up the original one touch settings because there is no way to initialize the 9000. Yamaha has posted the factory original settings on their website in case you loose them.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online