SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#185917 - 09/19/06 06:49 PM Do you know of people who don't use their Tyros2 for professional purposes?
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Hello.

I am curious about if there are people who own a Tyros 2 and don't use it for professional purposes.

I just watched Mr. Vonken's video and it left me with the imprassion that the cost of T2 is not justified if you don't have M. Vonken's playing skill (or close to his).

I can't believe this keyboard is targeted to hobbyist musicians. I, as a hobbyist, would love to have one but its price (4000 EUR) is not justified provided that I won't use it to make money.

So?

George

#185918 - 09/19/06 07:15 PM Re: Do you know of people who don't use their Tyros2 for professional purposes?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
George I would think most owners are home players.

#185919 - 09/19/06 07:17 PM Re: Do you know of people who don't use their Tyros2 for professional purposes?
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
George: There are lots of non-pro T2 players. If the T2 was primarily for the pro market it would have 76 keys or more. The nice thing about the T2 is it has the ability to have the amateur enjoy the instrument yet it has the capacity for the more accomplished musician to be inspired by it as well.

Want to see some amateur players? Check out:
http://www.psrtutorial.com/P/Lauzon.html

http://www.psrtutorial.com/P/Radford.html

http://www.psrtutorial.com/P/Hall.html

http://www.psrtutorial.com/P/PZ.html

[This message has been edited by RobertG (edited 09-19-2006).]

#185920 - 09/20/06 03:49 AM Re: Do you know of people who don't use their Tyros2 for professional purposes?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
George,

You bring up a great point. I personally don't think you can put a price on the joy and happiness you can get from playing music.

And as a life long musician, I have endured the lean years of not having enough money to buy good equipment and instead having to play on poor or mediocre rigs. All this while raising 3 kids and establishing my career. Now that I have achieved some level of success, I have vowed to not deny myself any longer and only get the best equipment I could reasonably afford; whether I need it or not. I paid my dues and it's now time to reap the rewards of a hard fruitful life. The joy I get out of playing this equipment more than makes up for the years of toiling and hard work.

But hey, that's just my view from a different prespective.

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#185921 - 09/20/06 04:58 AM Re: Do you know of people who don't use their Tyros2 for professional purposes?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
George, since your laments about the 23 year old girl, I have to assume you are one of the younger members of this board (although not necessarily ). The majority of the people on this board and the arranger market in general, is typically in an age group that can more easily make these kinds of purchases without the need for financial justification. The guy driving a 300k Bently doesn't need to use it as a taxi to justify it's purchase.

chas

#185922 - 09/20/06 05:27 AM Re: Do you know of people who don't use their Tyros2 for professional purposes?
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Quote:
George, since your laments about the 23 year old girl, I have to assume you are one of the younger members of this board (although not necessarily )
I am 28.

So, am I to expect that when I reach your age I'll have enough desposable money to get top-of-the-line equipment?

I am looking forward to becoming a man of age.

Regards,
George

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 09-20-2006).]

#185923 - 09/20/06 06:04 AM Re: Do you know of people who don't use their Tyros2 for professional purposes?
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
George,

If you would like a Tyros and can comfortably aford one then why not? Yes, I am sure a player like Vonken can get more out of the instrument than the average Joe but that is true about any instrument and any expert I imagine.

#185924 - 09/20/06 07:02 AM Re: Do you know of people who don't use their Tyros2 for professional purposes?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by George V:

So, am I to expect that when I reach your age I'll have enough desposable money to get top-of-the-line equipment?
---------------------------------------
ONLY IF YOU STAY SINGLE .

I am looking forward to becoming a man of age.
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

chas

[This message has been edited by cgiles (edited 09-20-2006).]

#185925 - 09/20/06 07:12 AM Re: Do you know of people who don't use their Tyros2 for professional purposes?
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
George

I don't own a Tyros but have other musical toys. I'm strictly a hobbyist, I go without a lot of other things so I can indulge in my toys. It really is a matter of priorities for some folks. I can think of very few things that give me more relaxation or satisfaction then playing an instrument. I can't play for beans but that doesn't stop me from loving it.

Jerry

#185926 - 09/20/06 09:55 AM Re: Do you know of people who don't use their Tyros2 for professional purposes?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by W Tracy Parnell:
George,

If you would like a Tyros and can comfortably aford one then why not? Yes, I am sure a player like Vonken can get more out of the instrument than the average Joe but that is true about any instrument and any expert I imagine.

... as I am sure Dale Earnhardt Jr. could get a lot more out of driving a high end sports car than I would ... but that wouldn't stop me from driving the sports car ....
t.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online