SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#185884 - 10/05/05 08:29 AM Re: Tyros2 or G-70 OS2
Roel Offline

Frankieve,

It seems to me you think only the 'breathing' sound or the noise of sax-valves is what Yamaha calls "SAV"

SAV is much more than that ! Please listen the sax-demo again and try to notice the differences in how the tone starts, how legato sounds and staccato acts completely different.

#185885 - 10/05/05 09:01 AM Re: Tyros2 or G-70 OS2
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I agree that Yamaha has brought that to another level. I know that when I owned the Tyros 1, I enjoyed their sounds, but when played through a big PA or against another keyboard like a Korg, I felt the overall sound had a thin sound, not by any means that it needed more instruments but it wasn't as full body deepness, it was a more of a boomy suedo deep, compared.

If Yamaha has made these new voices sound more realistic than before great, but if the overall sound is still " thin " to my ears, i might stay away.

long story short, yamaha has done a great job on those samples I heard, putting it up to at least par with the PA1x for realism

#185886 - 10/05/05 09:10 AM Re: Tyros2 or G-70 OS2
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Frank,
I think that we can agree that the Tyros has a more "airy" but at the same time "thin" sound, due to its content of high frequencies (and a relative lack of mid-lows), while the PA1X pro and the SD1 have more "body", due to a greater content of those same mid-low frequencies.
BTW, I am not surprised that many former SD1 owners (like you and Notlos) now own a PA1X pro, because I find their overall sound very similar.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online