SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#185864 - 10/04/05 08:11 AM Tyros2 or G-70 OS2
nielshs Offline

What is the best choice a Tyros2 or G-70 OS2 ?

If you compare the overall sound you will proberly come to the conclusion that they sound different. You then have to consider which sound you like and if you play for an audience you also have to consider what they like. Do you like a live sound (G-70) or do you want to sound like a studio mix (Tyros2).
Im the happy owner of a G-70 and I like the live sound and my audience seems to like it too. I never condidered to buy the Tyros2, because I donīt like this polish sound, its boring me. BTW this breath noice in the sax sound demo, I can easily make this with a microphone.
So the best choice for me is the G-70 OS2.

#185865 - 10/04/05 08:32 AM Re: Tyros2 or G-70 OS2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by nielshs:
I never condidered to buy the Tyros2, because I donīt like this polish sound, its boring me. BTW this breath noice in the sax sound demo, I can easily make this with a microphone.

Nielshs: Great to hear you're enjoying your G70.

Perhaps it depends on whether ones preferred music genre & playing style leans towards a more grittier or polished side. Each of us needs to find the board that best matches our musical character & playing style. Both the Tyros, G70, PA1X, and SD1 all have their distinctively unique sound, each appealing to different people, with all including at least something for everyone. It's this diversity of different types of sound possibilities they deliver that make for a wider rainbow of arranger music production available.

Quote:
Originally posted by nielshs:

I can easily make this with a microphone.
Perhaps, but can you sing lyrics 'at the same time'?

Scott

#185866 - 10/04/05 12:29 PM Re: Tyros2 or G-70 OS2
Roel Offline

Hello Niels,
The Tyros2 sounds fantastic in my opinion because I do like the sound-image.

To be honest I think your conclusions about the T2 polished sound is slightly premature, because you did not hear, touch or play the T2.
Those guys who DID hear it live....say it sounds AMAZING !!

Never before I heard saxes, brass, guitars with this great quality/characterisics / precision.
Absolutely no 'polished'- but REAL saxes or brass. The SAV (super articulation voices) system surely is the best 'invention' in music since years.

Did any other brand invent something revolutionary keys-stuff the last 5 years ? .... if yes, what was it ?

In fact the G70 was advertised as "The best of all worlds packed in one workstation"
(nothing spectacular new)

Please enjoy the G70.... at least I will enjoy the Tyros 2 for sure

#185867 - 10/04/05 12:40 PM Re: Tyros2 or G-70 OS2
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I find it funny how we are all talking about how realistic instruments sound, then we go and wash them in effects ( which are not realistic, ) then we play them through everything from a guitar amp, computer speakers, to full 10,000 watt pa rigs, so who's to say what is the right sound?

#185868 - 10/04/05 02:49 PM Re: Tyros2 or G-70 OS2
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Well said frankieve

#185869 - 10/04/05 03:17 PM Re: Tyros2 or G-70 OS2
Roel Offline

Just in case you did not realize it : The Super Articulation is NOT an effect !

It's an intelligent way to analyse how the instrument is played. After this, T2 'knows' how the next note should sound.
"No magic.... just Tyros2". (Michel Voncken sept. 2005 Tirol)

#185870 - 10/05/05 01:11 AM Re: Tyros2 or G-70 OS2
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
Did any other brand invent something revolutionary keys-stuff the last 5 years ? .... if yes, what was it ?

The results obtained by articulation voices of Tyros II is appreciable, but is nothing absolutely new, and the prove is that no patent has been issued by Yamaha about it.
Roland has already applied a similar concept in the V-Accordion project and in the new "Guitar Mode" of G-70 OS2, and I guess that they are going to extend it to other sounds too.
So, a nice feature, but not a miracle.

#185871 - 10/05/05 02:07 AM Re: Tyros2 or G-70 OS2
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Well, I for one is glad that Roland and Korg has some great boards too. It has created a much livelier SZ forum which is good. Let there be peace and harmony between us, I am a Tyros 1 owner, but I have heard both Korg-PA1X and checked out the G-70 (old OS) and I think they are great sounding too.

#185872 - 10/05/05 02:07 AM Re: Tyros2 or G-70 OS2
Ohrenarzt Offline

Quote:
The results obtained by articulation voices of Tyros II is appreciable, but is nothing absolutely new, and the prove is that no patent has been issued by Yamaha about it.[/b]

How do you know that?

#185873 - 10/05/05 02:56 AM Re: Tyros2 or G-70 OS2
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ohrenarzt:
Quote:
The results obtained by articulation voices of Tyros II is appreciable, but is nothing absolutely new, and the prove is that no patent has been issued by Yamaha about it.

How do you know that?

[/B]

Because they didn't say it and because it is not possible to issue a patent for something that has already been done previously.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online