SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#185698 - 08/12/05 12:05 AM Re: My songs on Korg, free downloads
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Donny,
Point taken !! But then again I am not British but Dutch, as you are well aware of, and that may account for this "omission " .......
Scott,
I can't complain about the RapidShare site as it offers me the ability to get all these songs across to all of you in good mp3 quality and totally free. The downside to all that may well be it being somewhat slow but imo the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. Naturally nothing beats having your own website.
About the "swirling vocals", I have heard some of that to and it certainly was not intentional. Probably due to a faulty setting on the Boss BR-8 eight track recorder which I recently purchased at a bargain price and which serves my purposes.
I first recorded the music in one take, then added the main vocal track and after that added one or two more vocal tracks to beef it up and finally occasionally some tracks with "doodahs",etc. Simple really. so no vocalisers at all !!!!!
regards,
john

#185699 - 08/12/05 02:37 AM Re: My songs on Korg, free downloads
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
So, for your instrumental parts, it is a one track recording?
All the mix is inside your keyboard?
Stam

#185700 - 08/12/05 03:49 AM Re: My songs on Korg, free downloads
john smies Offline

that is correct Stam !!!

#185701 - 08/12/05 01:12 PM Re: My songs on Korg, free downloads
Dnj Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by john smies:
[B]Donny,
Point taken !! But then again I am not British but Dutch, as you are well aware of, and that may account for this "omission "

Yes John Im well aware of that ....but when I think Maggie May, I think Rod Stewart, UK, etc,etc, .....Ive always enjoyed your songs.....thanx for sharing them with us.. ...BTW didnt you have a website too at one time.....& songs done with a girl singer too?

#185702 - 08/13/05 01:36 AM Re: My songs on Korg, free downloads
john smies Offline

Hi Donny,

As a matter of fact I did have my own site with IUMA at the time. They no longer exist, or so it seems, but I just found out that "in cache" you can still recall my old site.
It contains many songs I did on the Korg PA-80 , alone, as well as with a lady-singer (Susan). You can still listen to these tracks by selecting "real"in the second column, or by simply downloading them (first column) for best results.the link to this site is: http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Smies/index-2.html

P.S.
You can select different sets of songs by choosing "featured, album 1, album 2,and album 3" at the top.

#185703 - 08/13/05 06:22 AM Re: My songs on Korg, free downloads
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Hi John, I liked If I Were A Carpenter a lot.

I have been using Rapidshare but I doubt I'll use it much anymore because people are getting blocked at busy download times. Their server gets overloaded. Soundclick, same thing. Songramp, I don't know if anyone has ever complained about it but you are limited to three free uploads. I'm just using my own server now.

------------------
Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#185704 - 08/14/05 02:31 AM Re: My songs on Korg, free downloads
john smies Offline

Thanks Bill.

No doubts this RapidShare site has got its drawbacks but one has to bear in mind that the service is absolutely free (so far anyway). Yesterday I downloaded four songs by a fellow Dutch musician without any hiccup. Naturally there is nothing like having your own site. Perhaps others here could give some feedback as to where to go to get your own site at affordable rates ?

#185705 - 08/14/05 05:29 AM Re: My songs on Korg, free downloads
john smies Offline

One of the songs that ultimately I decided not to include on the CD is this cover of a very old Cliff Richard hit song, going back to the late fifties. Mind you the arrangement is a far cry from the original, so those that know the song, brace yourselves for a shock. The song is called
"Travellin' light ".
the link: http://rapidshare.de/files/3969649/Travelling_light.mp3.html

regards,
John

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online