SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#185679 - 08/18/03 02:24 PM Starting over. Wired headset microphone
Beakybird Offline

Weird. The title of my last post was "What is the very best headset mic. Wired." I got all kinds of advice on headphones and wireless headset mics.

Does anyone know what the very best wired headset mics are?

Beakybird

#185680 - 08/18/03 04:05 PM Re: Starting over. Wired headset microphone
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Larry,

Like I said the first time, I'm using an Audio-technica PRO8HEx hypercardioid, dynamic mic. It works great, good pick-up pattern, no feedback problems.

Most of the folks on this, and other forums don't use headset mics for one reason or another. Personally, I love em'. When you're an old guy like me, and the eyes go to hell, the headset mic allows you to do all the things you need to do as a performer and still be able to see what you're doing. For example, you can glance at the lyrics, dial up the next song on the MFD, change variations, and at the same time, maintain good eye contact with the audience. As for special mic effects, well I've always aspired to using vocal control, and for me it works great performing any kind of song from country rock to ballads and love songs. The freedom of a headset mic really improves my performances, it permits movement and with the aid of a special cable with a rotary switch installed in the connector, you can turn it on or off with just the flick of a switch and no pop sound.

When I want to go wireless, which I sometimes do, I use a Samson Airline wireless system that has a transmitter the size of a shotgun shell and a reciever the size of a pack of cigarettes. This too can be a great assett. The cost of the MPR8HEx was about $125 and the Samson Airline system was $299 from Music 123.

Good luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online