SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#185530 - 08/19/03 03:58 PM Fanfare, Standing Ovation, Applause, Big Fat Grin :)
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
ATTENTION: Motif ES info.,

This is hot off the griddle! Mike Martin says, ...well, I'll let him say it.

September
We're ahead of schedule.

Motif ES's are coming in this month, and should ship at the end of August...arriving in stores in September.

PS: The neat thing about having a job in the Computer industry and the fact that I work out of my home is that I am usually able to check in to the SZ forum and other Music forums during the day. I just happened to see Mike Martin's post and just had to share it with all our SZ members especially those that are considering the Mo' ES.

Best regards,
Mike

PS: Terry, now you'll probably be able to check out the Mo' ES before that 30 day return guarantee is up on that S88. Then you will still have time to make a better informed decision by doing a side by side comparison between the two and make your final decision on which one to keep or purchase. Remember Terry, the Mo' ES has 128 note "True" Polyphony plus you can add more with the PLG cards. The Roland only has 64 note and there are NO expansion cards to increase Polyphony. My advice is to give the S88 a good workout (polyphony wise). In other words, enable all the Voice options, ie., Main, Layer1, Layer2, Left, Pads, Sustain etc., etc., to see if you notice any note cutoff. That is one of the major complaints I've heard by S/88 owners, that there is noticable note drop off when doing complex arrangements, etc. Unacceptable in my book. Get back with us to let us know the results Terry.

[This message has been edited by Idatrod (edited 08-19-2003).]

#185531 - 08/20/03 07:16 AM Re: Fanfare, Standing Ovation, Applause, Big Fat Grin :)
trtjazz Offline

Mike,
Because of the way I work, seperate tracks and takes overdubbing, this does not present a problem to me. I could see if one were doing live gigs though and needed to overlay many parts where it could be.

At this point, the different sound palette and ease of use with some of the other features (like the dynamis pads) make it a keeper.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 08-20-2003).]

#185532 - 08/20/03 07:24 AM Re: Fanfare, Standing Ovation, Applause, Big Fat Grin :)
trtjazz Offline

Mike for the sake of experimenting though....I layered 7 instruments total.
Vibes, bass, drums, strings, 2 pianos and flute.

Ran the arppegio and used sustain and did not have any notes drop off.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#185533 - 08/20/03 07:55 AM Re: Fanfare, Standing Ovation, Applause, Big Fat Grin :)
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Thanks Terry. Since it's not an Arranger it will tend to not be as big of a problem with note cut off. I'm glad you're happy with the S88. You know, with the S88 your sound will have a unique quality to it because no one else on SZ has one. So in posting your new songs using the S88 it will have its own flair "style" to it in the sound. Which, btw, is a good thing.

Best regards,
Mike

#185534 - 08/20/03 01:24 PM Re: Fanfare, Standing Ovation, Applause, Big Fat Grin :)
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Mike: It looks like I might be getting one of the early Motif ES 8's myself, replacing a studio Kurzweil PC2x with it. I have a freind that wants my Kurz for his studio so I'm very interested in any Motif ES news.

Besides studio production I'm curious about creating music/midi files on the Motif ES 8 using those much-hyped arps and see how it translates into live use with my 9000 Pro. They could even be the basis for some nifty new original styles. For the most part I would leave the Motif ES in the studio, but now and then it might find it's way on stage along with the 9000 Pro and my Motion Sound KP-200s for a highly dangerous rig.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online