SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#185452 - 04/04/02 11:15 AM Melancholy
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
There is a strange atmosphere these days on this Forum and the prevailing feeling, at least in me, is one of melancholy. Instead of simply living in a state of sadness I have thought to record a new song.
Music can be a powerful mean to comunicate and also a healing force.
I have put into this song all my soul and hope that this can help those who are in a time of need.
The song is Perfidia and I have used three instruments: a Tenor Sax, a beautiful Accordion and a very expressive Mariachi Trumpet.
Hope you enjoy.
Andrea

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 04-04-2002).]

#185453 - 04/04/02 02:56 PM Re: Melancholy
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi Dreamer,
Where could I hear this new song?
Perfidia, I believe was the name.
I would love to hear your song!
God bless You,
Nobby

------------------

#185454 - 04/04/02 03:10 PM Re: Melancholy
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Go to dreamer's profile-link in the message
and you see the website, and i think "click on my music"
regards,
Notlos

------------------

#185455 - 04/04/02 09:15 PM Re: Melancholy
Dreamer Offline

Sorry, I forgot to give the link. Dirk is right; however, here it is:

http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/

#185456 - 04/10/02 11:47 AM Re: Melancholy
Dreamer Offline

Perfidia seems to be a popular song on Synthzone these days; however, the more I listened to my rendition, the less I was satisfied. So I recorded again all the solo tracks, trying to accentuate the Latin atmosphere of the song; the basic idea was to re-create the atmosphere of a club in Guadalajara.....
I am now asking to those of you that took the time to listen to my other songs to give me their opinion on this one. Don't be afraid to express freely what you think; Scott Yee and recently Notlos helped me a lot with their critical advice and I don't mind critics at all, provided they are costructive.
The style used is the VA7 internal Beguine and the instruments are: Super Tenor, Mariachi Trumpet and French Accordeon (from the G 800 bank).

The link is the following:
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html

Thank you.
Andrea

#185457 - 04/10/02 01:04 PM Re: Melancholy
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Andrea,

I like the way you phrased the melody: very sensitive with much feeling. the instrumental fills worked well too.
Very nice. Very very nice! That's definitely a TAKE !

- Scott

#185458 - 04/10/02 03:08 PM Re: Melancholy
rhumba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
huh?

Temporarily Unavailable
The Tripod site you are trying to reach has been temporarily suspended due to excessive bandwidth consumption.

The site will be available again in approximately 1 hour!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online