SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#185446 - 08/04/02 07:18 PM Adding Audio Tracks
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am about to enter the world of Arranger Keyboards, probably with the purchase of a PSR 2000. My question is: Is there is a way to add an audio track to a sequence created on the 2000. I know it cannot be done on the KB itself, but is there a module (hardware, not software) that can be MIDIed to the 2000 and sync an audio track with a song created on the KB?

Many of the sequences I've created (on my software sequencer) include a live bass, guitar, or vocal harmony track... and I'd like to do the same, but without having to depend on my laptop for live performance. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Glenn

#185447 - 08/04/02 07:27 PM Re: Adding Audio Tracks
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Glenn,
You are a canditate for the soon to arrive Genesys by Generalmusic. However, to do what you want to do is going to cost a lot more than a PSR2000!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#185448 - 08/04/02 07:50 PM Re: Adding Audio Tracks
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Glen,

Ketron Sd1 will let you sync a .wav file to a sequence or pattern .
As mentioned ........the Genesys will do this as well .

Good luck ! dano

#185449 - 08/04/02 08:08 PM Re: Adding Audio Tracks
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm kind of sold on the 2YK. Any way of doing it on this KB, with an outboard device?

Glenn

#185450 - 08/06/02 10:36 AM Re: Adding Audio Tracks
Midnite Rider Offline

Loc: Whittier, CA, USA
Glenn,

Sure it's possible. My Yamaha AW2816 will will send MIDI clock so you can sync the Y2K to the workstation when you lay down your audio tracks. I'm betting the Rolands and Korgs put out MIDI clock as well. Watch out that the device you settle on doesn't use MIDI Time Code exclusively. Yamaha keyboards (at least my PSR8000) will not sync to MTC.

Midnite

#185451 - 08/07/02 07:24 AM Re: Adding Audio Tracks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Midnite,

Now I'm confused (happens all the time :-) Your message says the AW2816 will MTC sync with the 2000, but Yamaha keyboards do not MTC sync. Which is correct? Thanks.

Glenn

Quote:
Originally posted by Midnite Rider:
Glenn,

Sure it's possible. My Yamaha AW2816 will will send MIDI clock so you can sync the Y2K to the workstation when you lay down your audio tracks. I'm betting the Rolands and Korgs put out MIDI clock as well. Watch out that the device you settle on doesn't use MIDI Time Code exclusively. Yamaha keyboards (at least my PSR8000) will not sync to MTC.

Midnite

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online