SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#185365 - 10/03/02 01:33 PM Re: JBL Eon vs. EV sx- series
cam8neel Offline

Loc: Providence, RI USA
Brian,

Thanks for the info. Next time, let me know when you're in the area. BTW, did you get the active or passive EV's? Also, where did you purchase them? I'm close to pulling the trigger, so I could use the advise. Thanks, Bro!

Angelo

#185366 - 10/03/02 05:05 PM Re: JBL Eon vs. EV sx- series
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
I bought the active speakers because I didn't want to carry amps and such with me...I need a clean set-up..I'm sure guys have great ideas on a sleek amp setup too, but for me, I like the portability, weight and the fact that it's all in one package. I paid $510 a piece through SAM Ash with 15 months interest free/no payments. That way I can work and pay the buggers off without touching my regular income. Shipping was 20 bucks a pop, so you may want to deal with a local guy and if he'll give you a deal, with tax included, you may get them cheaper..it all depends. I'm all for supporting the local guys, but no one wanted to deal with the EV's...I missed the $349 guitar center give away...I called 2 GC's in texas, but they had only 2 left and were holding them...oh well...they're worth every bit of the 510 I paid and more...you'll love e'm...to be honest, the eon G2's were pretty good too..but the EV's caught my ear for some reason...Best of luck...Brian

#185367 - 10/03/02 05:57 PM Re: JBL Eon vs. EV sx- series
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
B2: Congratulationss on your new EV speakers. I knew you'd be pleased. I agree that the Mackie 450's win out over the SxA100's in sound clarity & bass punch, but pound for pound, and $ for $, the SxA100 are a terrific sounding lightweight & easy to transport package which can't be beat. I don't regret exchanging the Mackie 450s for the EVs. - Scott

#185368 - 10/04/02 05:24 AM Re: JBL Eon vs. EV sx- series
cam8neel Offline

Loc: Providence, RI USA
Looks like I'll be shopping for EV sxA-100's. Thanks, guys! You're the best!

Angelo

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online