SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#185182 - 06/29/06 11:37 AM Re: Take T2 Intro from style & put it on another style?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
It looks like Roland does this better..besides changing just the drums and other instruments,,you can swap around any segment of a style..acc 1-6, bass line, intros, endings and fills..Also different divisions[maj,min,7th]..
This can be done even on my oldie keyboard[G1000]..

I always liked to use a boogie bass line with a big band pattern..

The VA series made it quick and easy with morph feature ..all in realtime...
I believe the G70 still has this feature..I know it has the Cover feature that works with SMF and styles..
Maybe Yamaha will catch up someday!!

#185183 - 06/29/06 12:54 PM Re: Take T2 Intro from style & put it on another style?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
It looks like Roland does this better..

This can be done even on my oldie keyboard[G1000]..

Maybe Yamaha will catch up someday!!

and that, folks, is why some of us are so well loved .

chas

#185184 - 06/29/06 05:18 PM Re: Take T2 Intro from style & put it on another style?
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Hi DNJ

I do this all the time. Unfortunately it is quite technical and time consuming, as you have to copy each part of each section separately. On the PSR 8000, you could take an ENTIRE section and copy it all in one shot.

Chony

#185185 - 06/29/06 05:23 PM Re: Take T2 Intro from style & put it on another style?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
hey Fran, could't the MZ-2000 do that as well. I may be wrong, but when I had it I remember playing with the style recorder and swaping parts from one style to the next.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#185186 - 06/29/06 08:29 PM Re: Take T2 Intro from style & put it on another style?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Hi DNJ

I do this all the time. Unfortunately it is quite technical and time consuming, as you have to copy each part of each section separately. On the PSR 8000, you could take an ENTIRE section and copy it all in one shot.

Chony

I used to do it on the 9k also.....but now I just do it extremem circumstances when I need that speacial style for a song....thanx for the info

donny

#185187 - 06/30/06 05:34 AM Re: Take T2 Intro from style & put it on another style?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
With the keyboard's onboard style creator, you can change any aspect of a style file--ANY! Unfortunately, like most keyboards, including Fran's G-1000, the instruction manual is not well written, therefore, you have to spend some time learning the intricacies and operating system of the keyboard in order to perform the various tasks. The onboard programs are probably a bit too versitile, and often do more things than anyone can imagine. Consequently, in addressing the wants and needs of consumers, programers, engineers and designers fail to realize that musicians and entertainers are not all high-tech computer programmers. As this technology advances, we, as consumers, will constantly face increased technological challenges that all too frequently are not addressed by user manuals. Fortunately, folks like Joe Waters, Michael Bedesem, and a long list of other very talented individuals, have provided programs and information that make these technological advances more palatable.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#185188 - 06/30/06 01:14 PM Re: Take T2 Intro from style & put it on another style?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:

and that, folks, is why some of us are so well loved .

chas

What!!! You guys don't love me?

#185189 - 06/30/06 01:53 PM Re: Take T2 Intro from style & put it on another style?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
As once said by a bald guy with a popsickle in his mouth "Guess who loves ya' baby?"

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#185190 - 06/30/06 02:15 PM Re: Take T2 Intro from style & put it on another style?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Now playing Love is in the Air especially for Fran

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online