SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18513 - 10/25/04 10:07 PM First synth of my own
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello, I've been recently intrested in buying a synthesizer of my own. I've been in studios quite a bit so I sort of know whats goin on with them. I've been really interested in the Karma and Triton LE. And with that i have some general questions...
1.What does one offer and the other not?
2.Could i hook it directly up to my laptop and record?
3.I see they have floppy disk drives, is this just for on-board memory?
4.Which is really the more advanced and extensive one?
5.I was looking at the Triton Studio just for kicks...am i really missing out by not savin up and gettin this?
6.Am i able to create my own drum beats? Or can I just edit the default ones? Or both?
7.This being my first synth, will either one be really satisfying? Will I get bored with it after a day?

Please let me know...Thanks!

#18514 - 10/31/04 04:39 PM Re: First synth of my own
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
XH913X....
I might suggest you re-post your inquiry on the General Discussion page. You may get more bites that way.
I can only speak from my personal use of Korgs in general that IMO, I think they're a great product, sometimes the follow-up (repair work) might be a little slow, but as for quality, , they're great, and built for use too.
I've (tried) the Triton just for laffs. I find the touch screens to be a real pain. My basic gig gear that I use, in the way of kbs is: KorgT3 and a Korg SP100. These are older units, I know, (particularly the T3)but I'm a strong believer of "If something works...don't fix it". I know of a great many kb players in a lot of bands who swear by the older models (T series:1,2,&3, the M1, the N364 for example)just for their durability. They may not have the poly or the 16 or 32 track sequencer that the new models have, but for LIVE playing....who needs a sequencer...right?
Good Luck in your Synth Search.

------------------
...L

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online