SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#185016 - 02/09/01 04:58 PM Re: SD-1 and 9000 pro picture
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello Arranger People,
I accually had a chance to demonstrate a Solton MS100 to Stevie Wonder . Having raised buttons where definately a plus when feeling around the keyboard. I have had to tech blind musicians before . How do you think a blind person would handle a PSR 9000 pro or an SD1 ?The MS series keyboards from Solton do not depend on the screen to change styles and sounds . The Kerton X1 is the same . It was easy to tell Stevie how to access the sound and styles. Now the SD1 navigation is simular to Yamaha,Roland and Technics .
Ellis Hall is another musician who is blind.
Ellis told me at the NAMM show that he taught Stevie W. how to navigate a Roland VS 1680 hard disk recorder . The Roland hard disk recorders are dependant on cursors and page turning. So maybe the SD1 will not be hard at all .
I brought this up because someone had mentioned something about Stevie Wonder . I had an interesting experience with him . One that I will never forget . I just hope to have the oportunity to do it again .
I have always thought that the PSR 9000/9000pro would be better if it had a keypad and the cool groove feature that the PSR740 has . Well maybe one day .
DanO oneils4@home.com
PS. In regards to the Ketron SD1 looks . Sandro Fontella told me that Automobile companys have been using silver as the "richest and most elegant" color . Perhaps they are getting the end caps from Ferrari's !

#185017 - 02/09/01 10:05 PM Re: SD-1 and 9000 pro picture
mbl Offline

Loc: el paso tx
I admire blind musicians cause all they see is music when they're playing.

mbl

#185018 - 02/10/01 11:36 PM Re: SD-1 and 9000 pro picture
Sam Noels Offline

Loc: New York
I just wanna ask you... Why always the keyboard keys going in range 49 keys - 61 - or 76. Why not 78? I mean, the 49 or 61 is practical, because it's going by "octaves". 49 keys keyboards has 4 full octaves, and 61 keys has 5. Also they're going in a sprcial way, starting at the C chord, (the black keys are going in the order: 2 and then 3, 2 and 3, and so on) But 76 keys looks very funny for me... un what order should this be? I would like a keyboard with 6 octaves, in the same order as the 61 keys keyboards...
Could somebody answer this question?

Scottyee: I would prefer the Pich bend wheels like Yamaha's PSR-8000 (I currently own) It's the best way. Soltons ney way is crap. You should know: Everything you're using frequently, should be placed at your finger tips. I even hate the PSR-9000 and 9000pro system. it's still too far away.

The disk drive - you right, it's much nicer under the keyboard, like Yamaha is finally doing with the 9000pro.

I asked here a few months ago about a few other problems with the PSR-9000, that the sync-stop button is not placed on the correct place in the keyboard. UGLY! Some others also asked about no tempo buttons (only funny TAP-TEMPO button, mixed between the rythem controls), and one of you (I think George) answered that Yamaha is looking for opinions, and will fix all nasty things on the 9000pro... And what's now? NO CHANGE! Why? So funny people? Did they loose thier eyes and ears? or didn't they understand plain English? Are they doing what one of the designers is dreaming, or what the customers are asking?

OK, sorry, it just bothered me...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online